Behind the Scenes with Sequins and Stripes

Ladies and gents, let me introduce you to a blogger who is somewhat new on the scene, but in the few months since launching her daily blog, has made a HUGE splash. You probably know her, and if you do, you definitely love her — it’s Liz from Sequins and Stripes! Another Chicago based blogger (I’m seriously jealous of the blogging community that city’s got going on), I adore Liz’s style, and am thrilled to feature her here today. She’s just beginning a wonderful new adventure in her life (you’ll read about it below), so it’s the perfect time to learn more about her!

The Paris Wife by Paula McLainMajor Pettigrew’s Last Stand by Helen Simsonson, and the entire Harry Potter series by JK Rowling

In 5 years I hope to have planned and executed the wedding of my dreams with the love of my life, moved into a cute little home fully prepared to start accommodating babies, and built a business that allows me to work from home and take care of my family to be.

As of last week, I officially quit my desk job to pursue my passion for fashion and style. I worked long and hard to create a blog {along with graphic designer, Alaina Kaczmarski} that best represents my personal style and design aesthetic. My goal is to grow my blog and help my readers live and achieve stylish lives.

On top of that, my sister and I have decided to take a month long trip to Europe {I have never been!} so I plan on cramming in as many places as possible and taking in all of the beauty this world has to offer. Don’t worry, you’ll be able to follow my adventures on Sequins and Stripes.

I am dreaming of artwork, a white desk, sunlight, my macbook and an enormous inspiration board. I can’t wait to find a routine in morning coffee, exercise, and 8 hour days mapping my way through the blogosphere. It really is a magical place.

How did your blog get its name?

I feel like I should have a better explanation for this, but honestly, I love sequins and stripes. I have to be careful because it is very easy for my closet to look like it is vomiting stripes, and who doesn’t love sequins?

I am lucky to be surrounded by people who are constantly inspiring me.

My boyfriend Dave is the most positive, genuine, sincere, and optimistic person I have ever met. My girlfriends are my sisters and sometimes my therapist. My parents are the the reason I believe in passion, love, and the importance of being happy. My fellow bloggers are some of the most creative, outgoing, positive, and inspiring women I have ever gotten the chance to know. My siblings {not pictured} are the funniest people I have ever met.

I am one lucky girl.

What is your proudest achievement to date?

I would have to say that leaving my job was a really tough decision to make and if it weren’t for my family and friends, I probably wouldn’t have had the guts to go through with it. I don’t know what tomorrow holds, but I know that life is too short to be anything but happy and I am confident in the future.

Where is your favorite place to rest and re-charge?

When did you first start blogging?

I started blogging in May 2009 but I was totally clueless and had a tough time trying to find my niche. I never used to get involved in the blog community, I kept comments to myself, and I only knew bloggers through the computer screen. After deciding that this world was something that I wanted to be a part of, it really has become a huge light in my life. The blogosphere is an amazing world full of ambitious, supportive, and inspiring women and I feel so lucky to be a part of it!

17 responses to “Behind the Scenes with Sequins and Stripes”

1. Alex, on September 7, 2011 at 8:09 am said:

Another new blog to add to my reader! Can’t wait to read about your adventures Liz!

2. Jackie, on September 7, 2011 at 8:34 am said:

Love you Liz! Good luck in all of your amazing adventures ahead.

3. Jen @ Darling Notes, on September 7, 2011 at 9:10 am said:

Great post! The new venture sounds amazing! PS – I’m about to start reading The Paris Wife, too :)

4. Lara Matos, on September 7, 2011 at 9:10 am said:

I love this series!! And obviously find Liz to be an amazing gal :) So awesome that you had the motivation to quit your day job and pursue your dreams!

5. Lauren, on September 7, 2011 at 9:44 am said:

This is an awesome post. She is already one of my favorite bloggers that I read on a daily basis. And she’s so sweet too.

Thx for sharing!

6. Amanda, on September 7, 2011 at 9:47 am said:

Oh I love finding new blogs…this one seems like a keeper!

7. Liz {Sequins and Stripes}, on September 7, 2011 at 10:00 am said:

Thank you for having me, Victoria! Such a fun series and so honored to be featured on vmac and cheese. Now move to Chicago! :)

8. Tamra {walks with Bella}, on September 7, 2011 at 10:30 am said:

Love this series and so happy to see Liz featured on here! I already was a fan of her blog and it so nice to learn more about her and love her even more!!

9. Sara Mueller, on September 7, 2011 at 10:31 am said:

Love her blog! And good luck to her on starting her new job. I am sure she will do great!

10. viv, on September 7, 2011 at 11:39 am said:

I love this series and love Sequins and Stripes!! This inspires me to continue working on hard on my newborn blog :)

fashiontruffles.blogspot.com

11. birdie to be, on September 7, 2011 at 12:46 pm said:

I love her and her sweet blog! Very cute guest post! Great pictures. #3 is my fav… the wedding, the home & the office :)

12. Ashley, on September 7, 2011 at 1:19 pm said:

Thanks for featuring Liz! I think she’s absolutely adorable. I love her blog. I’m glad that she mentioned your post today, because now I found another fab blog to add to my daily reads:)

13. Anonymous, on September 7, 2011 at 6:16 pm said:

Love Liz and her blog! She’s so dang talented and stylish! :)

14. natasha {schue love}, on September 7, 2011 at 6:17 pm said:

Oops! That was from me!
    xo natasha
    schuelove.blogspot.com

15. Meagan, on September 7, 2011 at 7:46 pm said:

This is seriously such a sweet post! Liz really seems like a cool chick and I’m sad I didn’t get to meet her when I hung out with other chicago bloggers before I moved!

16. Erika [small shop], on September 8, 2011 at 9:22 am said:

Congrats to you on pursuing your dreams! I love hearing about new entrepreneurs and look forward to following your adventures in blogging!

17. sarah, on September 13, 2011 at 9:43 am said: