Mini-Alt Week: Curating Great Content

This is a big topic. Read more questions and answers after the jump!

Get more downloadable blog resources at The B Bar >>

BLOGGERS
Jeanne, Shop Sweet Things | Bradley, Luella & June | Shannon, I Love Your Crazy | Tamra, Walks With BellaEver Swoon | Alex, Things That Sparkle | Gabrielle, Savvy Home | Liz,So Much to Smile About | Lara, Simply Irresistible | Alyson, The Average Girls Guide | Amber,Amber Interiors | Grace, Stripes and Sequins | Julie, Julip Made | Irene,designstILes | Rebecca, Young Sophisticates | Liz, Sequins and Stripes | Lauren, L.A. in the Bay | Christine, Bijou and Boheme | Sarah, A House in the Hills | Molly + Sally, A PIECE OF TOAST |

{Image Credits: The Alternative Wife, The Glitter Guide, A House in the Hills, Poppies and Posies, Lonny, Rue}

40 responses to “Mini-Alt Week: Curating Great Content”

1. Tiffany @ Savor Home, on January 17, 2012 at 5:52 am said:

Love this post! This was so helpful in helping me sort out all of my feelings and thoughts about my blog in terms of content and balance!

2. The Yuppie Files, on January 17, 2012 at 6:00 am said:

Love this! Though anyone have suggestions if PhotoShop is not in this public school teacher’s budget?!

3. Liz {Sequins and Stripes}, on January 17, 2012 at 6:10 am said:

You need to put together a guide to blogging featuring all of these posts. It would be so pretty + helpful!

4. brightonmyday, on January 17, 2012 at 6:10 am said:

Wow, I really enjoyed reading this entire post! Really. I love it. Did you create this spread all on your own? I’ve been trying to figure it out because I’ve seen people tweeting about packing for ALT – which means it hasn’t taken place…. Is this just a little prep you prepared for the week?

I love hearing what all these wonderful ladies have to say! And the layout is great and easy to read. Very well done :)

xoxo,
    Brighton from http://www.brightontheday.com

5. Chloe, on January 17, 2012 at 6:14 am said:

Thank you for this series!! I am a new blogger and these tips are fantastic!

6. Julia, on January 17, 2012 at 6:15 am said:

This is the best series in the blogosphere right now! Love hearing all of these tips. I always tell bloggers that content is CRUCIAL. thanks for the great tips!

7. HRCK the Herald, on January 17, 2012 at 6:20 am said:

I am LOVING this series– thank you so much for doling out all these tips!

I’m still trying to figure out my “rhythm,” so it’s useful to see what other bloggers do.

Keep the help coming :)

8. christin, on January 17, 2012 at 6:25 am said:

Seriously this post is amazing and exactly what I needed to hear. I know my blog isn’t design or really that lifestyle focused, but just being real (no pun intended) is really what I strive to do.

Amazing round up of great bloggers and fantastic tips. Love this series, Victoria!

9. viv, on January 17, 2012 at 6:43 am said:

This is a great series! So helpful to hear other bloggers talk about these things.

10. houseofearnest, on January 17, 2012 at 6:46 am said:

awesome!! It’s SO great to hear all of these thoughts and tips! I’m inspired!

11. Erin | Holtwood Hipster, on January 17, 2012 at 7:04 am said:

This serious is fab! I’m hanging on every word. Thanks so much for taking the time to mentor some of us newbies.

12. Tamra, on January 17, 2012 at 7:13 am said:

I’m enjoying reading everyone else’s answers and how you put the post together as much as I did going through the exercise. Such a great idea victoria and I’m so happy to be apart of it. evernoting this for future reference! xo

13. Lara Matos, on January 17, 2012 at 7:15 am said:

This was such an awesome idea. I’m having the best time reading through all the answers!

14. Grace - Stripes & Sequins, on January 17, 2012 at 7:20 am said:

Love, love, love – has been so fun seeing everyone else’s ideas!

15. Laetitia, on January 17, 2012 at 7:25 am said:

Loved this post! :D
    laetitiasweeneyrose.wordpress.com

16. Melissa @ Veranda Interiors, on January 17, 2012 at 7:26 am said:

Awesome post and great insight from amazing people, thanks Victoria!! xx

17. Bradley, on January 17, 2012 at 7:33 am said:

Thank you for including me in this!

18. christine, on January 17, 2012 at 7:38 am said:

So happy to be a part of such a fantastic series!

19. Taylor O, on January 17, 2012 at 7:46 am said:

I am loving your mini-alt series!!! Hope you post about Napa and your exciting weekend next week :) !!

20. Carol, on January 17, 2012 at 7:53 am said:

That is awesome! Thanks for sharing.

21. Erica | cupcakes and coffee breaks, on January 17, 2012 at 8:03 am said:

Totally loving these updates. The photography one from yesterday has inspired me to get out and snap more photos! And I looove all of the inspiration to just be yourself on your blog from all of these lovely bloggers today. So excited to see what the rest of the week brings :)

22. kristina, on January 17, 2012 at 9:08 am said:

another great post with some great advice for bloggers, thanks so much! and i love your design sense as well ;)
    xo, k

23. Sara @ Gameday Stylist, on January 17, 2012 at 9:31 am said:

Great advice!

- Sara @ Gameday Stylist

24. Come See Me On …, on January 17, 2012 at 10:00 am said:

[...] I am all over the place today in the best sense ever. I am contributing on two of my favorite blogs today: Design Darling and VMacandCheese. [...]

25. wellwhatdoidonow, on January 17, 2012 at 10:12 am said:

This is such an inspiring series! I’m anxious each morning to learn more about the blogosphere. Thanks VMac for doing this; it’s truly helping me!

26. Nnenna, on January 17, 2012 at 10:44 am said:

I am really enjoying reading all of the posts in this series and I’m learning so many great tips! I’m going to go back and write down all my favorites and start implementing them little by little :)

27. Lacy, on January 17, 2012 at 10:46 am said:

Thank you so much for this post – I’m considering venturing out of the corporate world, and into blogging full-time & am thrilled to learn how others are doing it too! Bravo – you are all an inspiration!

28. Lauren, on January 17, 2012 at 12:28 pm said:

gosh I love this series so much. Thanks for letting me contribute! Learning so much!! :)

29. Rowena, on January 17, 2012 at 1:57 pm said:

Been loving all these Mini-Alt Week posts! Thanks for all the great advice/info!

30. casallina, on January 17, 2012 at 2:58 pm said:

Love this… great tips. Thanks for posting!

31. Gaby [The Vault Files], on January 17, 2012 at 4:24 pm said:

I like to think that people stay true to themselves and really don’t get it why some bloggers make those survey’s so much?! I mean, isn’t your blog about what you like? Why people turn their blogs into what people want to read or what people like? I just don’t get it. And if I’m just being terribly blind, can someone explain it to me? The only way I justify those survey’s is if the blog is an extension of a brand.
    Thanks to all the ladies for some awesome tips! ;)

32. mrs. V [Chez V], on January 17, 2012 at 5:19 pm said:

Great series and so timely for me. Today was my first post ever. And this is one of the few comments I have ever left on the massive list of blogs I visit daily. Shame on me. Shame on me for not realizing all the dedication, hard work and passion that goes into creating meaningful content. And shame on me for not letting all you lovely bloggers know how much I appreciate your distinct POVs and the inspiration that you all have provided me. I have been heckled by friends and family to just get out there and do it but there are innumerable talents out there that it feels a lot like going to class without clothes on only to find that there is an exam for which you haven’t prepared. These tips will be invaluable to me as I start to share my home, my projects and my life on my blog. Thank you so much for putting this together and to those who contributed! So bring on that calc exam because I did lunges today.

33. Lisa, on January 17, 2012 at 5:59 pm said:

It took me over a year to really feel like I had found my rhythm and voice (though I still feel like it’s ever-evolving) — I am SO glad to know I am not alone in this!! Love these tips.

34. Alexis @ Lex & Learn, on January 17, 2012 at 8:56 pm said:

I freaking L.O.V.E. this series. All of it. Thank you! I’ll be posting about it/linking to it on my blog (lexandlearn.com) tomorrow to make sure my readers know to check back all week!

35. marissa @ the boot, on January 18, 2012 at 12:01 am said:

wow. this is absolutely amazing. i need to bookmark all of these posts from this week and re-read them often! thank you thank you for giving us this great advice!

36. Caitlin @ Reverie to Reality, on January 18, 2012 at 7:38 am said:

I was so disappointed that I couldn’t go to ALT, but this makes it sting a little less :) Thank you for this wonderful series!!

37. Gabrielle | Savvy Home, on January 18, 2012 at 7:16 pm said:

I think this one is my favorite yet! Thanks again for including me :) X

38. sarah yates, on January 18, 2012 at 9:29 pm said:

both of these posts were so fantastic! brilliant idea and you put them together perfectly. thanks so much for posting (and also for including me!)
    xoxo

39. [...] Curating great content [...]

40. Nicola, on April 6, 2012 at 11:31 am said:

Victoria,

Here in SF & I am counting down to my launch date. I am thrilled beyond words to have found the immense resources of your site. Not only is it super positive, it’s so encouraging and full of great you-can-do-it-mojo. It’s the most gosh darned generous source of blog love and know-how I could have ever hoped to find!

Since returning from the Design Blogers Conference in Feb., I am in the overwhelmimgly fun /scary/ super excited / insomniac bursting with inspiration stage – your excellent content will help immensely to calm me down and get me posting!

Thanks so much! ~ Nicola