California Girl

Non-photoshopped pics. Monterey really is just that gorgeous.

I had one of the best weekends in recent memory!! Saturday specifically — my friends and I started the day with a huge brunch, a visit to a local Monarch butterfly sanctuary (sounds random, but trust, this was seriously cool), then a tour down 17 Mile Drive through Pebble Beach. How have I lived in California for almost 10 years and never done this?? It was spectacularly beautiful. We capped off the afternoon enjoying Bloody Marys next to a fire pit at the Inn at Spanish Bay, with perfect views of the ocean. Amazing.

And now, it’s back to work…although if I’m perfectly honest, I dread Mondays a lot less these days!

Did you do anything fun this weekend?

22 responses to “California Girl”

1. sarah | chevrons and stripes, on February 27, 2012 at 10:18 am said:

Jealous. Miami has it’s weather moments but nothing compares to gorgeous Cali weekend. I remember a few years ago, the first time we did the drive from LA to SF along the coast on Highway 1 – we were passing thru Big Sur and I realized I never knew anywhere in America could actually be THAT beautiful!

2. Keren V., on February 27, 2012 at 10:24 am said:

It snowed in NYC this weekend and when it was not snowing, I was pummeled by blustery winds! Please bring me to Cali weather stat!

3. Bonnie, on February 27, 2012 at 11:27 am said:

These pictures are amazing. The scenery is so much better than what I have to look at here every day.

Twitter: @GlamKitten88

4. Alex, on February 27, 2012 at 11:42 am said:

driving the california coast is one of my all-time favorite vacations I’ve done! monterey / pebble beach is STUNNING! la jolla is another favorite spot of mine

5. jillian, on February 27, 2012 at 12:04 pm said:

soo so gorgeous! it makes me sad i live in the chilly midwest! xo

6. viv, on February 27, 2012 at 12:05 pm said:

Amazing! I would love to visit.

7. brighton, on February 27, 2012 at 12:26 pm said:

oh wow, I am so jealous but so happy for you that you were able to have a nice weekend! you definitely deserved it!! xoxo, brighton from http://www.brightontheday.com

8. Taylor O, on February 27, 2012 at 1:11 pm said:

I think I need to move to california! gorgeous pics!!

9. Melanie Saucier, on February 27, 2012 at 1:27 pm said:

Aaaah La Californie! I’ve done a road trip twice in this area many years ago. We’ve been visiting friends in San Diego and then friends in San Jose. Carmel was one place me and my husband wish we could live.
    This last week-end though, I was ankle-deep in the powder snow skiing in beautiful Quebec City. A totally different story, but fun as well!

10. Natalie, on February 27, 2012 at 2:46 pm said:

I was in Monterey on Saturday too! We were taking our engagement pictures. It was a gorgeous weekend! The wind on Saturday was crazy though! Glad you had such a lovely weekend. :)

11. Erika [small shop], on February 27, 2012 at 3:37 pm said:

Sounds amazing! I haven’t done that either!

Gorgeous pics.

12. Naomi@Design Manifest, on February 27, 2012 at 3:53 pm said:

Oh it sounds just lovely, right down to the butterflies! We did a day in Monterey when I visited San Fran in the fall, but it was a little too rushed. Next time I want a leisurely pace and I’d like to do the whole 17mile view.

13. Grace - Stripes & Sequins, on February 27, 2012 at 3:54 pm said:

OMG, WOW – stunning photos!!!! I need to get there, someday! xo

14. Michelle, on February 27, 2012 at 4:29 pm said:

SO pretty! Looks like a fab weekend!!

15. Sarah Roads, on February 27, 2012 at 6:16 pm said:

Oh, I just love it there, my favorite part of Cali. So glad you had a nice weekend. Love your pics, they make me think I need another visit soon! I’ve never done the butterfly sanctuary, must do. xo

16. Kate, on February 27, 2012 at 7:52 pm said:

Still can’t believe I’ve lived in CA for over 4 years and never been to Northern CA…Finally have a trip planned in March to San Francisco, SO EXCITED!! any suggestions what to see do and eat??

<3 Kate

17. Sarah O'Brien, on February 27, 2012 at 8:10 pm said:

Coming from Southern California and not having ventured too far north the California coast, I’m so glad I finally did it with my girlfriends two summers ago. My brother’s best friend works at Pebble Beach and we had one amazing private tour of the drive and so much more. So unbelievably gorgeous isn’t it, we live in such a beautiful state!

18. Liz {Sequins & Stripes}, on February 28, 2012 at 6:20 am said:

What a dreamy getaway! I need to get out of chilly Chicago…

19. Allison, on February 28, 2012 at 3:43 pm said:

Your pictures are beautiful. I went to Monterrey when I was a young girl, but I need to go back so that I can appreciate it some more.

20. Crystalin, on February 29, 2012 at 11:56 am said:

Such stunning photos! Glad you were able to enjoy your weekend lady :) Let’s get together soon and catch up. Looks like there’s quite a bit …

21. tara, on March 5, 2012 at 7:57 pm said:

I used to live there. Miss it soooo much

22. kgrafix, on July 25, 2012 at 5:19 pm said:

Love this. What beautiful photos. Great way to blog your vacation.