Let’s take a break…

It’s safe to say that since late January, I have been going, going, going. Alt, leaving my job, launching this business, settling in to a new routine, continuing to grow the blog — it’s been a lot. And SUCH a fun ride. I’m incredibly grateful for what 2012 has brought my way so far.

But man, am I tired. Really tired. I was gchatting with Molly from A Piece of Toast yesterday and she said she’s been feeling similarly and suspects a lot of us (bloggers or not) are in the same boat. Have you been feeling this way lately? A little run down, a little devoid of inspiration? I definitely have. Trying to crank out posts for this week has been rough.

Molly jokingly said she wished all bloggers could have a spring break — a week where no one had to worry about publishing anything. I have to admit, this doesn’t sound half bad! I would love a week off to let my creative inspiration tank fill back up. Wouldn’t you?

I think this just means I’m in need of a vacation, stat! June can’t come soon enough.

What do you do on days where you’re feeling run down and un-creative?

{Image Credit: photo by Nikos Vitsovits, published here}

30 responses to “Let’s take a break…”

1. Lauren {Stylized Existence}, on April 17, 2012 at 5:48 am said:

I took a week off a few weeks back – it definitely helped! Sometimes our inspiration and creativity just sputters for a bit – it happens to the best of us!

2. The Yuppie Files, on April 17, 2012 at 5:56 am said:

I took almost a week break from all social media- I went to visit my parents & have limited cell coverage there, so it wasn’t necessarily on purpose. But it ended up being great!

3. erin | houseofearnest, on April 17, 2012 at 6:00 am said:

oh my goodness…. I couldn’t relate more. I got home late last night from a dinner with work clients and just sank into my computer chair.

Where are we going on spring break?!?

4. Things That Sparkle, on April 17, 2012 at 6:07 am said:

I’ve been feeling the same way. I feel behind on everything. I need a spring break to play catch up.

5. renee [crossed and dotted], on April 17, 2012 at 6:19 am said:

i just started my blog in january and have posted 5 days a week religiously since then (which i realize is small potatoes compared to many out there!) however, i also work full-time, and my commute to work is 2 hours each way, so i frequently feel a bit exhausted.

my favorite way to re-inspire myself is to read a few other blogs, as well as to peruse pinterest by searching for one word, like “patio” or “happy,” because there is such an abundance of energy out there and it helps me to kick back into gear!

6. Tiffany @ Savor Home, on April 17, 2012 at 6:23 am said:

Oh my gosh- you read my mind! I feel the same way. I just finished my busy season at work and I am exhausted! I pinned an image on Pinterest last night that said “Step Away From Your Computer.” I might take its advice…

7. taylor, on April 17, 2012 at 6:23 am said:

Yes… I completely agree – I say you ask everyone to agree to a Spring Break :) I’ve been hearing a lot of the same from other people too. Hope this week speeds by for you, and that you are full of inspiration soon :)

8. Gabrielle | Savvy Home, on April 17, 2012 at 7:13 am said:

Totally, spring break! I’ve been feeling overwhelmed myself and TIRED! What I do when feeling uncreative: go for a run or a nice drive, read something completely unrelated to work or blogging, watch an episode of whatever series I’m into at that time… My advice: unplug COMPLETELY in France. I did this last year and it was magical. We’ll all understand :)

9. lisa, on April 17, 2012 at 7:16 am said:

there are definitely days where my creative tank just feels spent and the first thing i do is GET OFF the computer! cruising around the internet will just get me cranky so i go and try to revive myself elsewhere
    in dramatic fashion

10. Lottie, on April 17, 2012 at 7:19 am said:

I am feeling like this right now and am putting off posting by reading other blogs in the hope inspiration will strike.

i think the spring break idea is pure genius lets make it compulsory ;)

11. Tobe | Because It's Awesome, on April 17, 2012 at 7:21 am said:

SPRING BREAK!!!! yes, please!

true story- i went to bed immediately after work last thursday, called in sick friday, and slept almost 24 of those next 48 hours. exhaustion doesn’t even begin to cover it.

i try really hard to be away from the computer on the weekends..which is a total lie, because it’s impossible to do, but that’s always my goal. we’re not doing anything if we’re not LIVING A LIFE.

keep your eye on that french getaway coming up soon, sista! ox

12. Laura P, on April 17, 2012 at 8:01 am said:

I think a blogger spring break would be great!! Go for it!!!
    I always make sure to take time for me, I learned the hard way that if I don’t everyone around me suffers. I read a book or several, just light fluffy romances!
    Hope this weekend finds you unplugged and able to recharge!

13. Alexa, on April 17, 2012 at 8:02 am said:

I’ve been feeling the same lately. Sometimes the inspiration just isn’t there. Frankly I think we should just set a Blogger Spring break and spread the word!

14. Erin | Holtwood Hipster, on April 17, 2012 at 8:16 am said:

Totally agree with Gabrielle! Unplug on that vacay! I felt guilty for not posting and tweeting on Friday and Monday while we hammered away at our little house. But I can’t tell you how much better I feel to have gotten through a couple of things on my never ending list.

15. Heather, on April 17, 2012 at 8:35 am said:

My husband and I haven’t taken a vacation since our honeymoon 2.5 years ago. In May we are going to San Francisco for a long weekend and then going to Italy for 11 days! We have been talking about going to Italy for so long and we finally decided to pull the trigger. We’ve never been and are so excited.

You should definitely go on vacation. You work hard and you deserve it. Everyone needs time to ‘reboot’.

16. Grace - Stripes & Sequins, on April 17, 2012 at 9:16 am said:

I need a break too lady… sigh! :)

17. jacquelyn | lark & linen, on April 17, 2012 at 9:49 am said:

I definitely agree with you and Molly! The past few weeks have been ROUGH. I’m barely keeping myself afloat. Glad I’m not alone :)

The idea of a blogger spring break is extremely appealing

18. Nnenna, on April 17, 2012 at 11:00 am said:

When I’m feeling uninspired, I just have to step away from the computer and do something else- like read a book or watch a movie or go outside. Then when I’m ready to come back to the internet, I browse a few of my favorite blogs or on Pinterest. That combination of things usually gets my creative juices flowing again! :)

I would so love a spring break though! It would be so nice to get away from work and everything for a few days!

19. Cheryl Pisha, on April 17, 2012 at 11:01 am said:

Oh my goodness, it’s like you read my mind! I’m in a bit of a blogging funk. The creativity seems to have come to a screeching halt these past couple of weeks.

20. Kate, on April 17, 2012 at 12:38 pm said:

All I’ve been thinking about is how much hubby and I need a vacation. It’s been getting harder and harder to unplug these days but I guess busy is better than not having anything going on!

<3 Kate

21. Neda, on April 17, 2012 at 2:08 pm said:

Can we sign a petition for blogger spring break week and make it official?! :)

22. Lonely Wife Project, on April 17, 2012 at 2:13 pm said:

I vote for a week in March or April! Let’s do it Victoria! Pretty please :)

23. jody kearney, on April 17, 2012 at 2:26 pm said:

hi, i think you need a one day road trip. Take your camera and get re-inspired…plus it will get you away from your everyday life! x

24. Shannon, on April 17, 2012 at 9:00 pm said:

When I need a break, I put everything down and head outside or wander a bookstore. Sometimes I feel like I just need to clear my head and step away from the computer.

25. alyson, on April 18, 2012 at 7:12 am said:

I desperately need a spring break! I debated on monday afternoon just not posting for a week but then I felt too guilty. Too guilty, why?! Frustrating, especially when I have SO many other things to do. I spend my time commenting on other blogs sometimes when I have a million things for my real job. {not the best decision, huh?}

26. Courtney K, on April 19, 2012 at 6:33 am said:

I am so on board. I feel like I checked out days ago haha

27. Savvy in San Francisco, on April 20, 2012 at 12:23 am said:

I’ve been feeling the same way! Overwhelmed with things I need to take care of – babies, house and photoshoots! Unfortunately the blog has been put on the back burner.

28. Lauren (L.A. in the bay), on April 23, 2012 at 10:07 pm said:

Boy do I agree with this!!! We will have to talk more about this soon…
    xoxo

29. Well Read., on February 24, 2013 at 7:54 pm said:

[...] exhausted) and that I might not be the only one.  I was chatting about this exact topic with Victoria yesterday – since January it feels like we have all been cranking at top speed and the pace [...]