Shoe Lust

I mean, have you ever? Through the course of looking for a pair of shoes to go with my wedding dress that don’t remind me of Easter shoes circa 1995 and that I will wear more than once, I stumbled across these two beauties. Cue ensuing shoe lust!

The kitten heels are so unique – I don’t think I’ve ever seen shoes quite like them! Leave it to BHLDN to stock something so romantic, pretty, and original. They’re not a perfect match for my dress (though I kind of want them just because they’re freaking adorable), so they’re a maybe for my bridesmaid! And the Manolo pumps…well. ¬†Mary Jane’s made from the darkest navy satin. Trimmed with grosgrain ribbon. If there’s an equation for the perfect shoe, that might just be it. Talk about a shoe that would never go out of style.

There needs to be a mega millions lottery drawing in which I am the winner. I guess that would mean I need to buy a ticket first. Details, I say.

12 responses to “Shoe Lust”

1. erin | houseofearnest, on April 19, 2012 at 10:04 am said:

i had issues with finding shoes… same reasons as you – why buy something ugly just so that it’s ‘bridal’ vs what is affordable and practical. My husband is a bit short too, so I had in throw in ‘short heel’ to the qualifications!

2. Erica | cupcakes & coffee breaks, on April 19, 2012 at 10:20 am said:

Make sure you always check online before buying in-store! My best friend got married last fall and was trying on bridal shoes and found a pair she loved, but they were over $500! She decided to go home and check out everything online, and ended up getting her dream shoes for more than 75% off… talk about SUUUUPER dreamy.

Seriously, there is never an occasion that it’s not awesome to save a buck or two on… best of luck in the shoe hunt!

3. Gabrielle | Savvy Home, on April 19, 2012 at 10:40 am said:

Love the Manolos! AND you need something blue don’t you? Perfect!

4. Kate, on April 19, 2012 at 11:25 am said:

My vote is for the Manolos!!! hands down. Navy looks STUNNING with lace. Also, the Barneys sale just started, I would definitely check out online and in-store the Manolos usually end up going on sale at some point, maybe even befriend a sales associate and see if they can give you a hint of when they may go on sale…Thats worked for me on several occasions :)

<3 Kate

5. Lonely Wife Project, on April 19, 2012 at 11:37 am said:

Oh those Manolos!!!

6. Tobe | Because It's Awesome, on April 19, 2012 at 12:37 pm said:

Sorry, yo. I’m winning. But I’ll buy you both pair when I do, just for being awesome. ox

7. Aubrey, on April 19, 2012 at 1:36 pm said:

I think one of the only times I dream about winning the lottery is when I’m shoe shopping…and yes, those Manolos are absolutely perfect!!!

8. Alexa, on April 19, 2012 at 1:56 pm said:

Wow. I mean I kind of just want to frame them!

9. The Yuppie Files, on April 19, 2012 at 3:40 pm said:

Love those Manolos! I wish my shoes were more fun, they were cute but bride-y. They’re still in my closet waiting to be dyed a different color, 3 1/2 years later.

Definitely would have been worth buying something more special that I would wear again!

10. Lisa // Elembee, Etc, on April 19, 2012 at 5:54 pm said:

Yes, please. I’m in love.

11. taylor, on April 19, 2012 at 8:13 pm said:

oooo those brocade kitten heels! love love!!!

12. Emily, on April 20, 2012 at 3:24 pm said:

Oh. My. Goodness. Just beautiful, so unique!!