5.25.12

This week I…

+ Found my new favorite home store EVER, ABC Carpet & Home. I had heard wonderful things about this place over the years, but it’s really indescribable until you see it. I took home another mercury glass votive holder!
+ Went to go see the Prada and Schiaparelli exhibit at The Met. I think Meg and I liked the mannequins’ decorative heads more than anything else in the exhibit.
+ Had the best dinner ever at David Burke Kitchen at the James Hotel in SoHo with Gabrielle. We even went big and got dessert!
+ Got to see something truly special at the New York Philharmonic on Wednesday night. World-renowned pianist (who I didn’t realize was so world-renowned until after the fact) Evgeny Kissin played FOUR encores after the regular performance. Actually, he might’ve played more, but by that point, it was past ten and we hadn’t eaten dinner…so we went ahead and left. I’m hoping I didn’t miss something like an epic eight encores or anything REALLY crazy. Fun fact about me: I kind of adore classical music, and Kissin’s performance was knock your socks off good. I got goosebumps a few times.
+ Promise to share some more pictures next week of the rest of my time in the Big Apple. Warning: they’re mostly pics of the goodies I fell in love with at ABC C&H!
+ Missed San Francisco. New York overwhelms and inspires in the best way possible, but there is no place like home (and the people you love who are back there waiting for you. I always miss Joe like crazy when I’m gone for more than a day or two).

Next week we’ll be busy getting ready for our trip, and I’ll be wrapping up a few client projects before I take off again. Being in New York this week put a lot of things into perspective, and one of them is that I really need a vacation. It always seems to work out that at the points where I am feeling the most rundown, a getaway is on the horizon to refresh everything. “I’m getting excited” would be an understatement in terms of how I feel about this trip!

I hope you all have a wonderful, relaxing long weekend! I’m 50/50 on a Monday post. Thinking I might just wait until Tuesday to share New York pictures and some other inspiration. Although I might get prolific over the weekend and go for it. What can I say? I live on the wild side.

{Image Credits: Photograph of San Francisco, looking west on California Street. By Dave Glass, Dizzy Atmosphere}

16 responses to “5.25.12”

1. Becca, on May 25, 2012 at 6:26 am said:

It was so nice to meet you this week! Hope you have a great weekend back at home :)

2. Jess, on May 25, 2012 at 7:15 am said:

That photo of San Francisco is GORGEOUS. Makes me miss it even more! If I were to move anywhere in the US (I currently live in NYC) – it would definitely be to go back to the Bay Area. :) Have a great weekend!

3. Miranda {onestylishdayatatime}, on May 25, 2012 at 7:44 am said:

Really jealous you got to go the actual ABC Carpet & Home! It’s one of my first stops whenever I finally make it to NYC! Happy 3 day weekend Victoria!

4. sarah o'brien, on May 25, 2012 at 8:40 am said:

isn’t the abc store fabulous. i could easily spend thousands of dollars in that place. happy friday!

5. Naomi@Design Manifest, on May 25, 2012 at 9:08 am said:

So nice to finally meet you Victoria! I was such a zombie at ABC, but I’m glad you enjoyed yourself. The Philharmonic sounds just amazing. I have a client who is the head violinist for the Philadelphia Orchestra. Really must get myself there!

6. Elizabeth/Stone Textile, on May 25, 2012 at 10:49 am said:

Victoria! So glad we were able to meet in person this week. ABC carpet is amazing. Always love going when I am in NY. Have a great weekend! xo

7. bethany [at] powell brower home, on May 25, 2012 at 11:25 am said:

oh my gosh – this sounds divine. so wish i coulda gone. love your calendar of events, but am really drooling over david burke. what did you have!??

8. Tiffany @ Savor Home, on May 25, 2012 at 7:02 pm said:

Glad you had a great time in NYC! I had a great time, too, but feel like I now need another vaca. Exhausted! I went to ABC Home, too – twice! Loved it. I hope you have a great holiday weekend!

9. Meg (MIMI+MEG), on May 26, 2012 at 8:41 pm said:

hahhahhahahaha I did love those mannequin heads!

10. Emily (TheStylist LA), on May 27, 2012 at 9:49 am said:

I love all the things you did this week! Looks like you totally lived it up.

I feel ya on the Monday post thing…I can’t decide either!

Hope you are enjoying your weekend :-)

xx
    Emily
    TheStylist LA

11. Samantha Green, on May 29, 2012 at 6:24 am said:

i love this view in san francisco! it’s such an amazing place :) xx