I think I just might try…

…leather pants this fall. This might not sound groundbreaking to, oh, anyone who’s ever read a fashion magazine, but to a gal like me, this is big news. I’m always nervous to hop on the trend bandwagons, just because I like to spend my money on things that are wearable season after season. Somehow, leather pants just never seemed to fall into that category.

But I may just have to re-think this. They make you instantly cool-girl chic. You can totally wear it with a slouchy sweater and still feel put together. Add heels and a fun little peplum top, and hello sexy date night. I don’t think I’m quite ready to lay down the cash for a genuine, soft-as-butter pair, but I’m on the hunt for a faux pair that won’t make me break out in hives or sit in a pool of my own sweat all day (gross, but y’all see where I’m going with this).

Here are a few potential options that might need to be investigated:

Urban Outfitters | DKNYC | Blank Denim

Citizens of Humanity | Juicy Couture | Rich and Skinny

Theory | Alice + Olivia | Victoria Beckham

{Image Credits: Fashion Vibe; In3gue Chictopia; Song of Style; Santiago Ruisenor for Elle Mexico, October 2011, found here}

24 responses to “I think I just might try…”

1. Albertina || Mimosa Lane, on September 6, 2012 at 5:07 am said:

I would go either for the coated denim or the real deal….I think the first set isn’t ideal. But they just might need to be tried on. I think it is a terrific investment as I think they will never go out of style.

2. Hitha, on September 6, 2012 at 5:42 am said:

Coated denim is the perfect way to dip your toe in the trend. I have a pair of burgandy coated denim pants from ASOS that I am obsessed with!

3. Lotts and Lots, on September 6, 2012 at 6:12 am said:

I completely agree with you on this one, am thinking of taking the plunge too. I might try coated denim first (as I’m not that brave!). Would love to “hear” what you buy.

Lotts x

4. Brighton Keller, on September 6, 2012 at 6:20 am said:

Just bought a pair of leather skinny jeans….guess I’m joining in on this trend!!! I love it!!

XOXO
    Brighton Keller

5. Eleanor, on September 6, 2012 at 6:47 am said:

I actually had a pair of skinny bootcut leather jeans way back in high school- they were awesome! Unfortunately my classmates were, uh, not quite “ready” for the ferocity of my look and I didn’t wear them much after the first couple weeks.

I eventually consigned them to recoup some costs but man do I regret it now! I’d love another pair one day :)

6. Chaucee, on September 6, 2012 at 7:17 am said:

Oh leather pants are DEFINITELY on my list this year. I can’t wait to go shopping next pay check!

7. Grace - Stripes & Sequins, on September 6, 2012 at 7:38 am said:

These are at the very top of my wish list. Every year I buy coated denim / pleather leggings, etc. and the quality isn’t so great. I think it may be time to splurge on the real thing. I think Helmut Lang makes a pair… I have my eyes on those!

8. Lottie, on September 6, 2012 at 7:42 am said:

i say go for it–wet look leggings are a good way to go for a similar look without the spend up front. you could see how you got on with them and then make a decision.

9. Erin | Holtwood Hipster, on September 6, 2012 at 7:42 am said:

Girl I’m with you all the way! I spent at least 20 minutes of my morning today cruising the interwebs for a pair I could wear (and afford).

10. Erin | House of Earnest, on September 6, 2012 at 7:47 am said:

I have a pair that are like leggings and there are panels like riding pants in leather. It’s a nice combo that gives a little bit of edge, but is still comfy and stretches!

11. Betsy, on September 6, 2012 at 8:13 am said:

I invested in the soft-as-butter Iro pants last summer (on sale at Net-a-porter) and wore them more often than my dark skinny jeans! I definitely got my money’s worth after just one season and can’t wait to break them out this year. I paired mine with Equipment blouses and oversized sweaters on a regular basis :)

12. Alyssa, on September 6, 2012 at 8:46 am said:

I’m dying to try leather pants for fall–and if I had legs like these girls it’d be a no brainer! I’m going to search for a cut that works for me…Fingers crossed!

-Alyssa
    The Glossy Life

13. Evann, on September 6, 2012 at 9:14 am said:

LOVE that last pairing with the sweater and chambray. I might need to get myself some of these babies.

evannclingan.blogspot.com

14. Dana McDowell, on September 6, 2012 at 9:14 am said:

Just from mere first glances, the Blank Denim looks most appealing. I would totally do the leather pant look…they are pretty basic, but sexier!

15. Lauren | Seventeenth & Irving, on September 6, 2012 at 9:34 am said:

I bought a black coated pair from Target since I wasn’t willing to invest in something I wasn’t certain I would wear to death, and oddly enough, they look better than the real leather pair I tried on at Nordstrom. The thicker denim kind of holds and lifts…if you know what I’m sayin’. Try on both, see what looks best! I think with the temperate climate here you can wear them often.

16. Kathy, on September 6, 2012 at 11:11 am said:

I just bought a coated J Brand pair that I am obsessed with! My boyfriend is prob the only person more obsessed with them than I am….

17. Sonya, on September 6, 2012 at 11:52 am said:

Yep, totally.

18. Bettina, on September 6, 2012 at 2:38 pm said:

I definitely think leather pants are ones that add some edge and can be worn year after year. You should take the plunge!

19. Sara @ Gameday Stylist, on September 6, 2012 at 6:15 pm said:

I think you should definitely try it – they are so chic!

- Sara @ Gameday Stylist

20. Anna, on September 6, 2012 at 7:17 pm said:

I’m so in love with your inspiration. I really want to try faux leather. Thanks for posting so many options. Love the splurge but I need to save!

21. Erica, on September 7, 2012 at 7:19 am said:

I am loving the leather pants and leggings look. I found a pair of leather leggings recently and I can’t wait to wear them.

22. julia, on September 7, 2012 at 8:18 am said:

i love the look too but am not sure if i could pull them off or not! i would try something on the less expensive side first, and see if you like the look. i’m a jeans gal all the way so i’d probably go with the coated denim. good luck!

xo julesinflats.com

23. Amy, on September 9, 2012 at 6:41 pm said:

Girl, if I could pull those off, I would do it in a second! Go for it :)

24. Tori, on September 9, 2012 at 9:04 pm said:

So..i am totally on board with this trend. I jumped on a helmut lang pair i saw on Gilt and wear them all the time. They are Stiff and HOT though. So, i also have two pairs of Jbrand coated skinnies, one brown one black. I also just bought a pair of Burgundy pleather ones at Aritzia. they are amazing! I thought they were real leather, and they are machine washable, and pretty reasonable, 135. i would recommend vince for great leather pants, and current and elliot has an awesome pair that is on sale at the rack right now for 299. They are a jean fit, but super thin lamb leather and come in red and black.