What I’ve Been Up To

Oh you know, the usual. I thought I’d tell you a little bit about it…

So there you have it. A very brief look into what was one of the most fun, total-blur days of my life. The two things I heard most about the actual wedding day going into it was that it would feel like it was over in the blink of an eye, and also, that it’s overwhelming to have so many people from so many different times, places and spaces in your life together at once. Both were true! I’m sure I’ll share some more pictures (especially more detail shots — all of these photos were taken either way before the wedding or way after) at some point once I get professional ones back from Delbarr, but in the meantime, if you really want to stalk the nuptials, there are a few more up on my Facebook page. Mosey on over.

One piece of business: I simply must remind you that today is the last day you can enter the Lo&Sons giveaway!  I’m so excited to see that you guys are excited about this one. We took the L&S bag and just a medium sized carry on to Mexico for almost a week and I was reminded again how much of a travel necessity it is. Even Joe commented on it. Don’t forget that if you want to get a head start on holiday shopping, the 30% off coupon will work through all of November — just use the code vmacandcheese when you checkout.

It’s good to be back, lovers. I determined that I might not be good at the extended lazy beach vacation. Days 1-4? Awesome. Days 5 and 6? Ready to get back to work and do something to keep me busy! I think I just miss the community (read: you) when I’m gone this long. So hello, happy Monday, and last but not least, thanks to each and every one of you who tweeted, Facebooked, commented, etc. during the wedding weekend madness. Joe and I both appreciated it more than you know!

46 responses to “What I’ve Been Up To”

1. Mackenzie {Design Darling}, on November 12, 2012 at 5:13 am said:

Loving these sneak peeks! Your dress is STUNNING. Congratulations!!! xx

2. Liz {Sequins & Stripes}, on November 12, 2012 at 5:39 am said:

You looked beautiful, and your decor was do dreamy! SO happy for you! xo

3. eileen, on November 12, 2012 at 5:44 am said:

Girl. you look insanely gorgeous and that dress. WOW! Can’t wait to see more! Welcome back :-)
    xoxo

4. Tiffany @ Savor Home, on November 12, 2012 at 5:49 am said:

You looked amazing and like you had so much fun! So happy for you!

5. ComfyCozyCouture, on November 12, 2012 at 6:04 am said:

You look absolutely stunning! I love your dress and I can’t wait to see more pictures! Looks like you had a magical time and a relaxing week!! Welcome back!

6. Things That Sparkle, on November 12, 2012 at 6:15 am said:

Oh my, you looks absolutely stunning. Everything is just perfect! So happy for you guys!

7. christin, on November 12, 2012 at 6:55 am said:

loved your dress! so stunning! and the fairmont is like the best thing ever.

8. Tobe | Because It's Awesome, on November 12, 2012 at 6:56 am said:

speaking of ham, was a midnight shot really appropriate? really?

kidding. love you, loved everything about your beautiful day, and we are so so happy for you kids!

also, all of your friends are. awesome. (natch)

9. Meg Biram, on November 12, 2012 at 7:08 am said:

you were beautiful darling!

10. Erin | Holtwood Hipster, on November 12, 2012 at 7:20 am said:

Just ah-mazing Victoria! Looks like it was a wonderful, wonderful day. Congrats!

11. Lindsey, on November 12, 2012 at 7:33 am said:

You looked so lovely…even circa 1:15 am! Looks like a great time!

12. Naomi (Design Manifest), on November 12, 2012 at 7:41 am said:

Awe so wonderful! I’m similarly prone to ruining photos but you look gooooorgeous. Love the heart/ guest book idea

13. Grace - Stripes & Sequins, on November 12, 2012 at 7:42 am said:

You looked BEAUTIFUL! That dress!!! I am so sad that we missed it but it looks like a great day. We need a skype sesh on the ASAP. xo

14. Eleanor, on November 12, 2012 at 7:49 am said:

Your dress looks so beautiful! Can’t wait to see the professional pics. Also, I straight-up laughed out loud at “no we didn’t build a fort” because I would totally have loved to.

15. rita, on November 12, 2012 at 8:04 am said:

gorgeous! congratulations, victoria!

16. Lisa // Elembee, on November 12, 2012 at 8:07 am said:

You look amazing! Congratulations!!

17. Elizabeth | Bridal Musings, on November 12, 2012 at 8:09 am said:

Congratulations! Your dress is oh so beautiful.

18. Alexa, on November 12, 2012 at 8:14 am said:

Oh Victoria these are completely awesome. You were a stunning bride!

19. Jacquelyn | lark & linen, on November 12, 2012 at 8:20 am said:

You look SO BEAUTIFUL! I can’t wait to see more

20. Ashley, on November 12, 2012 at 8:37 am said:

Oh my gosh, that DRESS! Gorgeous!

21. Jess | the Jess Journals, on November 12, 2012 at 8:42 am said:

Welcome back! And I LOVE the back of your dress – so gorgeous! And I love that you chose a dress that wasn’t strapless. haha Congrats again! :)

22. Courtney, on November 12, 2012 at 8:45 am said:

Victoria you look Amazing!! :) love your dress – nice to see you went a bit of a different route than the strapless! :) xo

23. Catfish & Caviar, on November 12, 2012 at 8:48 am said:

Looks amazing! Congrats again lady!!! :)

24. Lauren | Seventeenth & Irving, on November 12, 2012 at 8:55 am said:

Welcome back, Mrs.! You look stunning – that dress is simply amazing!

25. taylor, on November 12, 2012 at 9:09 am said:

victoria you looked so so gorgeous!!! what an amazing week you had I’m sure! the back of that dress looks incredible – love all the dancing too :)

26. Gabrielle | Savvy Home, on November 12, 2012 at 9:14 am said:

Oh darling, THAT DRESS!!! You’ve just set a whole new standard in the wedding dress department. Let me pick my jaw off the floor and say, once again, Congratulations!! Xx

27. Elizabeth/Stone Textile, on November 12, 2012 at 10:04 am said:

Beautiful DRESS!! Love it and congratulations!

28. Sara Mueller, on November 12, 2012 at 10:22 am said:

You looked beautiful! Congratulations again!

29. Alyssa, on November 12, 2012 at 11:25 am said:

You looked so lovely…congrats again! Also, I just started the same book. Can’t wait to hear how you liked it!

Alyssa
    The Glossy Life

30. Kathy, on November 12, 2012 at 11:50 am said:

I LOVE your dress! I love that it wasn’t your basic strapless and most importantly, you looked so beautiful! Congratulations again!

31. Linnea, on November 12, 2012 at 12:32 pm said:

Congratulations!!! Your photos are lovely (wowzas, you were a stunning bride) and I can’t wait to see Delbarr’s. Happy Monday!

32. Dana McDowell, on November 12, 2012 at 12:32 pm said:

All of your pictures…to die for! So fun/elegant/unique…I can’t wait for more hehe. Glad to have you back in the swing, and hope your first weeks of marriage are bright!

33. Nancy, on November 12, 2012 at 12:58 pm said:

What a magnificent dress and beautiful bride you are! Can’t wait to see more- it looked amazing. Congratulations!
    xo Nancy
    Powellbrowerhome.com

34. Kirby, on November 12, 2012 at 2:18 pm said:

You looked stunning! I love that you didn’t do strapless!

35. janel, on November 12, 2012 at 4:58 pm said:

the dress is so magnificent! and the polaroids are the perfect touch! congratulations :)

36. Kate {domestikatedlife}, on November 12, 2012 at 6:34 pm said:

I loved the dress! You look gorgeous.
    (And those piped chairs are perfection.)

37. caitlin, on November 12, 2012 at 6:55 pm said:

cant wait to see more. your dress looked gorge!

38. Maria, on November 12, 2012 at 7:20 pm said:

such a stunning dress- congratulations!

39. viv, on November 13, 2012 at 8:28 am said:

Sounds like a spectacular venue and you made a stunning bride! SO happy for you! xx

40. Randilea @ Life As I Bake It, on November 13, 2012 at 8:48 pm said:

STUNNING! And I like the way you dance :)

41. Marionberry Style, on November 14, 2012 at 1:26 pm said:

1) You look simply gorgeous Victoria! Not a huge surprise…but had to be said (again).
    2) The venue looks amazing + intimate. I hope it was everything and more for both you and Joe.
    3) Lastly, now I want some hash browns.

xo – Marion

42. LWP, on November 14, 2012 at 3:01 pm said:

Congrats! You look stunning!

43. Carol White, on November 14, 2012 at 8:28 pm said:

You were a beautiful and lovely bride. I am so
    proud of you and Joe. Many years of happiness!!!

44. hallie, on November 18, 2012 at 7:30 pm said:

Yay! Was SO happy to see a snippet of you in your dress. You look absolutely stunning and oh so happy! Congratulations, lady, and best wishes to you and to Joe. :)

Sending LOTS of love from Chicago!
    xo Hallie

45. Sisters in San Francisco, on February 24, 2013 at 5:57 pm said:

[...] Saturday we made another trip to Pacific Heights for brunch with sweet Julia at The Grove…  We seriously could have sat and talked to her all day.  She strolled with us through her Marina neighborhood and then Sally and I walked west to get a perfect view of the Golden Gate Bridge.  When in Rome, right?  We got lucky – the weather was perfect and there were so many locals at the beach enjoying the sunshine… Both of us determined that yes, we would definitely move to San Francisco if given the opportunity.  Another trip back to The Grove for fresh smoothies and outside sitting/people watching, then we went up to Union Street to visit some boutiques.  We made friends at Chloe Rose and took mental notes to look up some of the lines they carried (hello, Annie Griffin!)…  More hill climbing to hit up the famous tourist spot – the curvy Lombard Street.  At least we managed to get a get picture with the hydrangea blooms!  Ahh, and then Victoria’s wedding which was gorgeous and so special.  Check out her peek of the reception here… [...]