11.16.12

This week I…

+ answered emails. So. many. emails. The worst part about going away on vacay is coming back to emails. Hasn’t someone invented an app for this yet? Or is it called “getting an assistant?”

+ want to direct you to a guest post I did on La Dolce Vita while I was away last week! I shared a few snaps of our current bedroom. Don’t get too excited. We’re in total decorating limbo over here — no idea if we might move next summer, so in the interim, we haven’t done much with the place.

+ have been using¬†this mascara. I know I’ve used a lot of mascaras in the last year, but this is among the best I’ve tried. I like it more than the Givenchy and They’re Real. Two very enthusiastic thumbs up!

+ had a great little Skype chat with Tobe. Did you see her San Francisco recaps? It’s always so fun to see your city through someone else’s eyes (Molly and Sally’s recap was amazing, for that matter, too).

+ am going to dinner at Terzo tonight with some friends for a post-wedding celebration. We didn’t register for any gifts (we have nowhere to put any.more.stuff.), so in lieu, accepting a dinner invitation seemed like a perfect compromise. This is the kind of registry I could get used to!

+ have some news to share. Remember when I alluded to it in last week’s post? Well…

Joe and I are going to be parents. Meet Lucy:

Am I obsessed? Oh, obsessed doesn’t even begin to cover it. Joe and I found out about Lucy in September-ish, but I kept it under wraps for crazy fear that something would happen and we wouldn’t get her. Right now she’s living in Oregon, but we’re scheduled to welcome her home early next week — just in time for Thanksgiving. She’s about 4 months old, sweeter than pie, and we’ve had dog stuff set up in our house for weeks now, as if she lives here. We can’t wait! Joe and I have been wanting a dog (and specifically, a Frenchie) for years and years, but due to work schedules, or apartments, or one issue or another, the timing was never right. Earlier this year, we decided we’d go for it after the wedding, so we put the wheels in motion in the early summer. We are so so SO excited to have a new member in our little family!

Lucy is this week’s Link of the Week. How can she not be?

Happy weekend, everyone! UHHHH can you believe next week is Thanksgiving?!?! I haven’t even started menu planning yet. Whoops!

48 responses to “11.16.12”

1. Meredith @ Map & Menu, on November 16, 2012 at 5:12 am said:

Lucy is adorable! Congratulations! I know she’ll bring you all so much happiness. I cannot wait to see more photos of her!

2. Jenn, on November 16, 2012 at 5:26 am said:

Lucy the Frenchie! Adorable! Welcome to the Frenchie club! I’m also a Frenchie mama. Get ready for lots of snuggles and cuddles mixed with a feisty attitude! This is my sweetie, Kizzy!->http://www.happilyeverafterthewedding.com/post/28899770673/furbaby-family

If I can make one recommendation to you – pet insurance! It has been a lifesaver, for all of our dogs, but specifically Kizzy. Pet Plan covers everything and anything, including congenital issues. Really our best investment ever!

Excited for more Frenchie posts! Congrats!

1. Haley @ Cardigan Junkie, on November 16, 2012 at 11:47 am said:

I second the pet insurance recommendation! I’ve spent about $1500 on tests for my dog that would have been covered if I’d gotten a policy when he was younger.

Congrats, though! You’ll be amazed at how much you love her :)

3. renee [crossed and dotted], on November 16, 2012 at 5:36 am said:

oh.em.gee. lucy is the cutest – how exciting! looking forward to her cameos on the blog from here on out!

4. Liz {Sequins & Stripes}, on November 16, 2012 at 5:47 am said:

LUCY! Stop it.

5. Maria, on November 16, 2012 at 5:51 am said:

So beyond cute- that scrunchy little face!

6. janel, on November 16, 2012 at 5:51 am said:

i legitimately squealed when i clicked on “read more” and it brought me face-to-face with this little potato!!!! congrats!

7. Alex, on November 16, 2012 at 5:56 am said:

OMG LUCYYYYYY!!! I’m so excited for you guys!!!! Married and parents int he same month :) And PS I love framing business cards to meaningful restaurants. How special!

8. Tiffany @ Savor Home, on November 16, 2012 at 5:59 am said:

Congratulations!!! Lucy is just adorable and I know you and Joe will be fabulous parents!

9. Eleanor, on November 16, 2012 at 6:06 am said:

Oh my, Lucy is soooooo cute! Just look at that little face :) Congrats on the furry child!

10. Tess, on November 16, 2012 at 6:24 am said:

OMG! Literally the cutest.

11. Ashley, on November 16, 2012 at 6:26 am said:

Look at that face!!!! Congrats on your fuzzy new addition!

12. Rachelle, on November 16, 2012 at 6:34 am said:

Oh I’m in love with Lucy as well, she’s so precious.
    xo
    Rachelle

13. Erin | Holtwood Hipster, on November 16, 2012 at 6:37 am said:

I love that you already have the place all fixed up for her arrival. You are going to love every minute of snuggling with that little bug. She’s adorable! Congrats!

14. Julip Made, on November 16, 2012 at 6:40 am said:

YAYAYAY!! So happy that you are finally going public so Odin can profess his long-distance love for her already. Let me know if you have any new puppy or training questions and I {Odin} expects a facetime date with Lucy when she is happily installed in your abode! Hugs and puppy kisses,

Julie

15. Joan, on November 16, 2012 at 6:54 am said:

Congratulations! She is a peach, have fun with your new addition. Frenchies!! They make my heart melt.

16. viv, on November 16, 2012 at 6:57 am said:

Lucy! She’s adorable!!! Congrats ;)

17. samantha, on November 16, 2012 at 7:08 am said:

Aww i soo want a frenchie!! she is absolutely gorgeous :) xx

18. Lisa // Elembee, on November 16, 2012 at 7:11 am said:

OMG she is so adorable. Congrats!!

19. Tobe | Because It's Awesome, on November 16, 2012 at 7:34 am said:

totes squishable!!! lucy best be in on our next chat! ox

20. Alyssa, on November 16, 2012 at 7:38 am said:

Stop. It. She is so precious! I’m jealous…I’ve wanted a puppy forever, so I’m definitely going to be living through you. I hope you share lots of pictures!

Alyssa
    The Glossy Life

21. Kaitlin, on November 16, 2012 at 7:46 am said:

I am dying! Frenchies are my favorite and Lucy is perfection!

22. lexi, on November 16, 2012 at 7:46 am said:

Oh.my.gosh. Lucy has wrinkles. I’m in love! Congrats!

23. Grace - Stripes & Sequins, on November 16, 2012 at 7:53 am said:

Gaaah! Lucy, I love you already! She is precious.

24. Crystalin, on November 16, 2012 at 8:11 am said:

OMG, Lucy is precious! So excited for you guys. Congrats :)

25. Alyssa, on November 16, 2012 at 8:25 am said:

OMG! Lucy is absolutely adorable!!!!Congrats! My hubby & I have been dying to get a Frenchie so I’m completely jealous of you!

26. Kelly, on November 16, 2012 at 8:41 am said:

Ohmygosh Lucy is the cutest little nugget ever!! I want a frenchie so BAD! (instead I settled for the JCREW sweater this season).
    You and Lucy are going to have great adventures together!

27. Jacquelyn | lark & linen, on November 16, 2012 at 9:20 am said:

I LOVE LUCY!!!!!!! Squeeeee! She is SO CUTE

28. Maggie Rose, on November 16, 2012 at 9:32 am said:

She is soooooo cute! Ahh I can’t handle it! Good luck with puppy training (Jess Lively has been blogging about training her Westie puppy and has some great tips/resources).

29. Steph, on November 16, 2012 at 9:43 am said:

I had a dream that your “big news” was that you were pregnant. It was weird. I think you’re gonna love being a dog owner!! :-)

30. Krista, on November 16, 2012 at 10:08 am said:

Lucy is seriously too cute!! The wrinkles!! She’s perfect!! :)

31. Nancy, on November 16, 2012 at 10:09 am said:

Lucky you and lucky Lucy! enjoy your new addition, and hope you have a great weekend.
    xo Nancy
    Powellbrowerhome.com

32. Bethany {at} Powell Brower Home, on November 16, 2012 at 10:09 am said:

oh i just love lucy! are you tired of hearing that pun yet? LOL. we just got another english bully pup for Wilma, his name is Seamus and he’s 15 weeks. I think Seamus and Lucy could be boyfriend/girlfriend – whatdoya think?? :)

CONGRATS. i know you must be enjoying this too !!!

33. Natalie, on November 16, 2012 at 10:38 am said:

Victoria, that pup is the cutest thing ever! My heart has melted completely. So excited for you guys! I have no idea how you’re going to get any work done with that adorable face running around.

34. Gabrielle | Savvy Home, on November 16, 2012 at 10:45 am said:

Congrats you guys!!! He’s a total cutie!

35. Dana McDowell, on November 16, 2012 at 10:50 am said:

I’m so happy for you! Lucy is a little dolly! So so sweet, I just wish I could hug her and every other Frenchie I see! My gf just got a black Frenchie named Gus, and she’s been posting pics…I hope you Instagram the heck out of her! Is she going to be allowed on couches/in the bed? This made my morning, by the way. Congrats, mama!

36. Randilea, on November 16, 2012 at 11:18 am said:

She is so ADORABLE!!! I just snuggle with her!

37. Kate, on November 16, 2012 at 11:19 am said:

Eek! Congratulations, she’s adorable!

38. Chelsea, on November 16, 2012 at 11:31 am said:

OOOOMMMMMGEEEE! What a cutie and I am totes jealous! A frenchie is tops on my list. Congrats on the new furbaby!

Chelsea
    Haute Child in the City

39. Danie at Pasadya, on November 16, 2012 at 11:49 am said:

OHMYGOSH. Lucy is adorable!! Those chubby little legs are killing me, and I can’t stop thinking of “Estella” on Modern Family when I look at her.

40. Kathy, on November 16, 2012 at 12:02 pm said:

Lucy is SO adorable!!! I’ve always wanted a frenchie, but like you, the timing hasn’t worked out (yet). I can’t wait to see more pictures of her as she grows up! Good luck with the puppy phase!!

41. Allyson, on November 16, 2012 at 12:37 pm said:

SO OBSESSED! Your dog is adorable!

42. LWP, on November 16, 2012 at 2:13 pm said:

She’s precious! Prepare to fall hopelessly in love!

43. Phoebe, on November 16, 2012 at 3:20 pm said:

I’m. Dying. I love French bulldogs!

44. julia, on November 16, 2012 at 7:36 pm said:

awwww she’s adorable!!

xo julesinflats.com

45. caitlin, on November 18, 2012 at 11:53 am said:

She’s lovely! Would love to know where you got her..

46. The Yuppie Files, on November 20, 2012 at 4:40 am said:

Just reading this now- she is adorable! Puppies just make life better.

47. Manda @ Eat Cake, on November 20, 2012 at 11:25 am said:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!So precious.