Gobble.

Checking out a day early to go play with Lucy, drink wine with Joe, and prep for my favorite holiday tomorrow. We’re making my traditional hot baked spinach and artichoke dip, oatmeal chocolate chip cookies for dessert (Joe’s annual favorite — I only make them on Thanksgiving, primarily because the recipe calls for two sticks of butter), and this year, a Greek lasagna. In case you’re new around these parts, Joe and I love Thanksgiving best because we typically stay here in SF, and it’s just us, so we use it as an excuse to make something decadent and delicious that we normally would never splurge on calorically. Cue the lasagna. 86 the turkey. This year, we’ll have a couple friends over to join in on the fun. It’s going to be awesome.

Friday I’m hosting my 2nd annual Thanksmas party, which is quickly becoming another fave part of Thanksgiving weekend. The premise is local friends (and sometimes Thanksgiving orphans) get together for a night of leftovers, spiked cider, Christmas carols, wine, and even a little tree decorating. So. fun. Thanksmas has one foot in Thanksgiving (the leftovers), and one foot in the holidays (everything else). Hence the name. But you already got it.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, everyone! See you in a few days. Canadian and beyond friends — enjoy the peace and quiet in blogland.

{Image Credits: Jonathon Kambouris for Bon Appetit}

19 responses to “Gobble.”

1. christin, on November 21, 2012 at 5:48 am said:

oh that just sounds delightful! i really like the thanksmas idea!

2. Catfish & Caviar, on November 21, 2012 at 5:58 am said:

Happy Thanksgiving a day early! Thanksmas is a fabulous idea!

3. The Yuppie Files, on November 21, 2012 at 6:17 am said:

Sounds like such a fun weekend! My husband has to work, so its just the two of us for Thanksgiving this year. I think I’m going to adopt some of your plans! Thanksmas w/just the two of us :)

4. Jacquelyn | lark & linen, on November 21, 2012 at 6:19 am said:

Thanksmas sounds like all sorts of fun
    Happy Thanksgiving love!

5. Liz {Sequins & Stripes}, on November 21, 2012 at 6:28 am said:

Happy Thanksgiving to your growing family! xo

6. Emily, on November 21, 2012 at 6:40 am said:

I love the idea of a Thanksmas party! And the greek lasagna sounds like a dream….recipe, please? x

7. Krista, on November 21, 2012 at 6:42 am said:

Love your non traditional Thanksgiving dinner choices! They sound delish!! And Thanksmas!? Ahh SO cute!!! Love that idea!! :)

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

8. Alyssa, on November 21, 2012 at 8:05 am said:

Thanksmas sounds like perfection…what a cute idea. Happy Thanksgiving to you!

Alyssa
    The Glossy Life

9. Amberly, on November 21, 2012 at 9:06 am said:

Awww, the Thanksmas party sounds lovely! So fun! Happy Thanksgiving!!

10. Kelly, on November 21, 2012 at 9:39 am said:

Happy Thanksgiving! Enjoy!!

11. Heidi @foodiecrush, on November 21, 2012 at 9:53 am said:

I might have to totally steal your Thanksmas party idea, what a great way to get in the spirit. Always love your posts.

12. Rachel, on November 21, 2012 at 9:53 am said:

Happy Thanksgiving to you as well!!!!!!

xoxo,
    Rachel
    Rachel’s Lookbook

13. Dana McDowell, on November 21, 2012 at 10:38 am said:

Cute, you are so clever! Enjoy your new baby girl and all your festivities! (Love today’s image, you can make any photo look amazing (by adding words!))

14. Jessica, on November 21, 2012 at 11:57 am said:

Happy Thanksgiving! Just wanted to drop by and say hello! Long time no chat :) Hope you have a fantastic celebration! Xo

15. Gabrielle | Savvy Home, on November 21, 2012 at 4:45 pm said:

Happy thanksgiving to Lucy, Joe and your lovely self :)

16. Maria, on November 22, 2012 at 6:44 am said:

Happy Thanksgiving! spinach dip is one of my favorites :)

17. lexi, on November 25, 2012 at 6:54 pm said:

I absolutely love your Thanksmas idea – so cute! And I’m Jewish … still might have to steal this idea …
    Lexi @ Glitter, Inc.

18. Kenze Lee, on November 26, 2012 at 2:54 pm said:

Hope you had a great Thanksmas!

xo, Kenzie

19. Christine B., on November 27, 2012 at 3:54 pm said:

I love this Thanksmas idea! Once I’m out of my teeny tiny studio apartment, I may have to implement it myself :)