Recipe: ‘Autumn in Provence’ Chicken

This rings even more true now that Thanksgiving has come and gone, but a couple weeks ago, I got to thinking about what an amazing, crazy year this has been. Let’s recap: left my job, started a new one of my own design, moved apartments, got engaged, got married, got a dog. Joe and I joke that the only thing that could make it more insane is if I wound up knocked up (let’s do the other kind of knocking — on wood). As I was walking down the 2012 memory lane, I started daydreaming about our trip to France this summer, and had a little bit of longing for the easy, lazy days in Provence. I adore the flavors of this region, and felt inspired to make a comforting Sunday dinner that would reflect what Autumn in Provence might taste like.

The region is known for its beautiful fresh produce, especially the garlic, tomatoes, and herbs. So, using a slow cooker I just scored with some wedding gift certificates (only $80 at Crate and Barrel!), I made up this little recipe and served it over whole wheat pasta. You could easily serve it with rice, or cous cous, or even potatoes, just be sure to dust the top with a little parmesan cheese before you dig in.

This was my first time using a slow cooker and I have to say, it really couldn’t be easier. Throw everything in, and boom, hours later, you have one tasty meal. I’ve already used it 4 times since getting it just two weeks ago!

Here’s the recipe:

21 responses to “Recipe: ‘Autumn in Provence’ Chicken”

1. Natalie, on November 27, 2012 at 5:03 am said:

Looks SO amazing! Want to make this!!! http://www.fashionifancy.com

2. Drew @Catfish & Caviar, on November 27, 2012 at 5:18 am said:

This looks delish! Great for when I want to eat in front of the tv in my pj’s :)

3. Liz {Sequins & Stripes}, on November 27, 2012 at 5:56 am said:

Yum! This look so cozy + comforting.

4. christin, on November 27, 2012 at 6:28 am said:

crock pots are gods gift to chicken. i swear.

5. Alyssa, on November 27, 2012 at 7:32 am said:

I’m always looking for more slow cooker recipes…can’t wait to try this!

Alyssa
    The Glossy Life

6. Tobe | Because It's Awesome, on November 27, 2012 at 7:41 am said:

hmmm…so you’re saying i should actually use the slow cooker? :)

7. Emily, on November 27, 2012 at 7:42 am said:

this sounds amazing! I can’t wait to give it a try. x

8. Cyndi, on November 27, 2012 at 8:51 am said:

Great combination of flavors…and super healthy!!

9. Lindsay, on November 27, 2012 at 8:52 am said:

Yum! This looks like the perfect meal for a cozy night at home.

10. janel, on November 27, 2012 at 8:56 am said:

i also took a trip to the south of france this summer, and i daydream about it all the time. this recipe looks delicious- thanks for sharing!

11. viv, on November 27, 2012 at 9:25 am said:

This just made my mouth water. No joke.

12. kathy @ beauty palette, on November 27, 2012 at 9:54 am said:

This looks incredible – thanks so much for sharing! Definitely going to try this over my faux zucchini “noodles”!

13. Natalie, on November 27, 2012 at 2:08 pm said:

What a fantastic pasta dish! Anything that incorporates butternut squash is a must-cook recipe in my book :) Great post!

Natalie
    Name’s Not Ashley

14. Erin | Holtwood Hipster, on November 27, 2012 at 2:11 pm said:

I’m on the hunt for some fresh dinner ideas! Blogland did not disappoint today. I was also gifted a canister of herbs de provence on Thanksgiving day- perf! I’m adding this one to my list of menu ideas this week.

15. K, on November 27, 2012 at 2:35 pm said:

This looks incredible!! So fresh and delicious! You have had quite the year ;)

16. Christine B., on November 27, 2012 at 3:48 pm said:

Sounds like a delicious/easy recipe (perfect combo). What a year you’ve had! 2012 will definitely be a year you remember for the rest of your lives. Congrats!

17. Tiffany @ Savor Home, on November 27, 2012 at 6:03 pm said:

What in the world would we do without slow cookers?? I just got one a few months ago and love it! This looks so good and would love to try it. Congrats on such a fabulous year!

18. Emily, on November 27, 2012 at 8:16 pm said:

Wow – what a year! Congrats on ALL of your accomplishments!

This recipe sounds fabulous. I’ve actually never used a slow cooker – need to start – but first I need to just get myself into the kitchen! ;)
    Isn’t That Charming.

19. Lisa // Elembee, on November 27, 2012 at 9:12 pm said:

Always looking for new slow cooker recipes — they are the best! Well, they were the best, before I started working from home and they became 8 hours of cruel and unusual punishment.

20. The Salonierre, on November 28, 2012 at 9:58 am said:

Just looking at this recipe has my mouth watering.. and it’s a definite reminder that a slow cooker is on my kitchen gadgets wish list!

21. Savvy in San Francisco, on December 9, 2012 at 5:52 pm said:

I’m using my slow cooker tonight! I will have to try this recipe out! Sounds delicious! XX