At the printers

Trend I have admittedly not been brave enough to try yet: printed denim. I’m still a little unsure about the super pastel-y floral versions that were everywhere this last spring, but lately, I’ve seen some more geometric, abstract, and darker patterns that I think I could get behind for winter (and even back on in to spring).

Your thoughts? Is this a trend you’ve tried out or is it all just a little too Saved by the Bell for you? Here are some options I found that in all likelihood I would try on in the dressing room and love, but would have to really convince myself to leave the store with. Numbers two and four are a perfect examples — love the color and pattern, but could I ever really make it happen??

1. DL 1960 Emma Leggings | 2. Sass & Bide Ikat Jeans | 3. Seven for all Mankind Skinnies | 4. IRO Delia Jeans | 5. Mother The Looker Jeans | 6. Alice + Olivia Jeans | 7. Bec & Bridge Rosetta Jeans | 8. Guess Brittney Jeans

{Image Credits: Eat. Sleep. Wear.; Gal Meets Glam; Fashion Vibe}

19 responses to “At the printers”

1. Kenze Lee, on November 29, 2012 at 5:38 am said:

I haven’t gotten the courage to try it out myself, I’m still getting comfortable in colored denim! But maybe soon…

xo, Kenzie

2. Ashley, on November 29, 2012 at 5:44 am said:

I completely agree on the light pastel patterns– I don’t think I can pull those off. Numbers one and three look more my speed… I may have to give the printed look another try!

3. Ashley, on November 29, 2012 at 5:49 am said:

I completely agree on the light pastels- I don’t think I can pull those off! Numbers one and three look more my speed.. I may have to give the printed look another try!

4. christin, on November 29, 2012 at 6:16 am said:

love #2!!! and i’m super duper hesitant about this trend for some reason.

5. Drew @Catfish & Caviar, on November 29, 2012 at 6:27 am said:

Just bought a pair from Levis and I actually love them. I feel like they look great with a big chunky sweater!

6. Lindsay, on November 29, 2012 at 6:28 am said:

Love the look, worried I need legs that more closely resemble Gisele’s to pull it off :)

7. Alyssa, on November 29, 2012 at 7:29 am said:

I love printed denim, but I still haven’t found the “right” pair for me. I think that’s going to be my Christmas present to myself!

Alyssa
    The Glossy Life

8. Chelsea, on November 29, 2012 at 7:53 am said:

I am on the fence about printed denim as well! I found a camo twill pant that I’m loving, but the floral is very “Saved by the Bell”-esque. (Although I feel like everyone else can pull it off, but me!)

Chelsea
    Haute Child in the City

9. Rachel, on November 29, 2012 at 8:10 am said:

I have a leopard pair that I love. It’s my first time wearing “printed pants” and I hope to buy more!

Life Unsweetened

10. rita, on November 29, 2012 at 9:41 am said:

i love them, and do not in any way have super model legs! i just always feel fun when i am wearing them! (if that makes sense?)

i will say that i don’t see them as having much longevity – i loved my seven aztec print jeans last summer but will be surprised if i wear them this summer. so it probably does make more sense to rock the zara/etc. versions vs. the higher end, at least at first! but i think quality denim just fits and feels so much better that i struggle with that logic!

11. Jess | the Jess Journals, on November 29, 2012 at 9:45 am said:

I like subtly printed denim more than bold prints on demin (though I have no problem with them on other types of pants – not sure why haha) – my first pair were current elliott light blue printed leopard (blue on blue) – love them!! (they were in this post here, if you’re curious! http://bit.ly/OrigdW )

12. brighton, on November 29, 2012 at 10:31 am said:

I feel like these are a tough one! I’m a relatively petite girl and I feel like printed denim is unflattering on me! It’s hard to find a good pair that you feel confident and comfortable in! and are still cute!

13. holly, on November 29, 2012 at 10:59 am said:

I love this look but I am too scared to try it as well! Maybe a darker wash instead of the bright floral?

xx
    Holly Foxen Wells
    GlamourMash

14. Dana McDowell, on November 29, 2012 at 11:20 am said:

The thing about these are that my go-to denim brand doesn’t do anything like this at all! So then I’d have to suffer through multiple fittings and potentially not like new denim, regardless of the print. I can see it turning into a big hairy mess. I’d love to see how you style it though if you take the plunge and purchase!

15. Randilea, on November 29, 2012 at 1:02 pm said:

I just don’t know about printed denim… When it comes to trends I only like to spend my money on ones that seem more likely to last. I do like your #1 thought and would be willing to try it!

16. Jenn, on November 29, 2012 at 2:59 pm said:

You can rock it! If you aren’t sure, pick up an inexpensive pair in a very small print. Old Navy denim doesn’t have the best fit (you can tell they aren’t designer!) but for a cheap trend, they work. They have a very subtle dot print and animal print right now. Pretty cute!

17. Fuji, on November 29, 2012 at 6:48 pm said:

I have fully embraced this trend and absolutely love it! I haven’t gone full Saved by the Bell mode with the pastel flowers (ok, just one pair) but every other design is in my closet. Seriously, I think I have more pants than tops now! I say grab this trend by the balls and go with it…can’t wait to see your outfit post ;)

18. chiara, on November 29, 2012 at 9:51 pm said:

I don’t know, I so find them not my style…

19. Lauren, on November 30, 2012 at 12:44 pm said:

I really like printed denim, but I haven’t come across a pair that feel like it fits in my wardrobe. I’m hesitantly keeping my eyes open!

Fizz and Frosting