Gift (Wrap) Guide

1. Pine Branch on Slate | 2. Rudolph Gift Tags | 3. Red Jute Cord | 4. Red and White Twill Ribbon | 5. Silver Glitter Ribbon |  6. Red Berry Gift Wrap | 7. Winter Woodgrain Gift Wrap | 8. Silver Tinsel Bow | 9. Santa Gift Tags | 10. Favorite Things Wrapping Paper

I love wrapping gifts. Along with seeing the recipients open them, it’s probably my favorite part of the entire thing. What’s not to love? You can get creative and pass yourself off as this amazing DIY craft goddess (even when you’re not — and I’m definitely not). These days, there are so many companies that make unique, fun wrapping paper and accompanying accessories that it’s kind of difficult to not make your gifts look like Martha Stewart wrapped them. I rounded up some of my faves above. What’s your must have gift wrap accessory? For me, it’s definitely pretty ribbon and a cute gift tag. With just these two things and some white or brown craft paper, your gifts can look great. But I’ve also loved seeing people use foliage like pinecones or holly boughs too!

17 responses to “Gift (Wrap) Guide”

1. Ruthie, on December 3, 2012 at 5:22 am said:

This is such a great twist on all the gift guides out now! Wrapping is always a last thought some how but it’s the first thing the person sees, love these great ideas – thanks! :)

2. Chelsea, on December 3, 2012 at 5:42 am said:

I love all of the Rifle Paper Co. gift tags. It does make such a difference, and if you pile them up under your tree early in the Christmas season, they are a big part of the decor! Just puppy proof this year, V! xo

3. Drew @ Catfish & Caviar, on December 3, 2012 at 7:05 am said:

Love #8! I find wrapping the presents is the best part!!!

4. Ashley @ a {little} dash of ash, on December 3, 2012 at 7:22 am said:

ohhh! i love all of these! i wrapped my gifts last nigh and used Rifle Paper Co gift tags… I am obsessed! :)

1. Ashley @ a {little} dash of ash, on December 3, 2012 at 7:22 am said:

*night :)

5. christin, on December 3, 2012 at 7:33 am said:

i am probably the worst gift wrapper that ever did live. it’s comical. looks like my 5 year old self did it.

6. Grace - Stripes & Sequins, on December 3, 2012 at 7:35 am said:

This is a great guide! I love wrapping gifts, too… must order some of that glitter ribbon.

7. Lauren | Seventeenth & Irving, on December 3, 2012 at 7:37 am said:

I actually wrote about gift wrapping today too! I keep a giant roll of brown kraft paper and use it all year long. I just add bright/fun ribbons for birthdays, white/gold/sparkles for weddings, and festive for the holidays.

I made some gift tags (for free download) because I couldn’t find any I liked, but I love the Rifle Paper Co. ones you found. They always have great stuff at the holidays.

8. Chelsea, on December 3, 2012 at 7:57 am said:

Gift wrapping is one of my favorite things to do! I adore these options!

Chelsea
    Haute Child in the City

9. Mal @ The Chic Geek, on December 3, 2012 at 10:19 am said:

Love the red berry giftwrap!

10. Dana McDowell, on December 3, 2012 at 10:51 am said:

Hehe, my secret to a greatly wrapped gift is a tiny local shop in my hometown. They charge just a small price for gorgeous paper and a huge fluffy bow. I only get the most special of gifts wrapped there, and then tackle the rest with the collection of wrapping paper my mom stores in the rafters.

11. Kenze Lee, on December 3, 2012 at 1:00 pm said:

Wrapping is one thing I have yet to master, but can’t wait to try again this year!

xo, Kenzie

12. lexi, on December 3, 2012 at 7:31 pm said:

I’m loving gift wrap guides because I’m basically a sucker for pretty paper … and sparkle!
    Lexi @ Glitter, Inc.

13. Danette @ All My Love for All My Days, on December 4, 2012 at 10:10 am said:

I love all these options. They would all look splendid under my tree.

Thank you for sharing.

14. Kelly / Fabulous K, on December 5, 2012 at 11:58 am said:

LOVE this round-up. I’m so into red & green right now. Back to the classics for this gal!

15. weekend sparkles, on December 7, 2012 at 12:29 pm said:

[...] if you’re starting your wrapping early, check out this cute wrapping guide [...]

16. Nora, on December 9, 2012 at 7:26 am said:

Pretty wrapping paper. I love a beautifully wrapped and presented gift and they look so pretty sitting under the tree.

Nora