12.7.12

This week I…

+ was happy to be guest posting over on Brighton’s blog about things that have been ‘brightoning’ my day. Such a cute feature she has going — be sure to check it out!

+ am a little exhausted from the pup, I won’t lie. We had amazing days and rough days. It can be such a roller coaster! New parent-ness still has yet to wear off.

+ found the most gorgeous dress that I WISH I could wear on New Years Eve. However, I think we’re going to do a low key thing in Napa, so I might just have to dream!

+ am dying to see the new Vogue documentary on HBO. Have you heard about this? Did anyone see it last night?

+ will hopefully be making some Christmas cookies this Sunday afternoon. What’s your favorite recipe?

LINK OF THE WEEK: Joe sent me The Atlantic’s three-part year in photos, so you can thank him for this one. I love looking at stuff like this. I always think it’s so fun to look back at the year and be like “Oh YEAH! Wow, that all happened THIS year?” and also, “The world is a pretty beautiful/messed up/incredible/scary/wonderful place.” Enjoy all these photos over your coffee this morning, or over the weekend!

{Image Credit: Stephanie Shih for Desserts for Breakfast – this recipe looks like a Sunday contender!}

16 responses to “12.7.12”

1. Kenze Lee, on December 7, 2012 at 5:43 am said:

Loved your guest post! Especially those little gold canisters!

xo, Kenzie

2. Maggie, on December 7, 2012 at 6:00 am said:

Its not Christmas time until I’ve made my favorite Ginger Chewies! http://www.magpiesandmore.com/2010/11/sugar-crusted-ginger-chewies.html. I’ve tried many recipes and always go back to this one.

3. Bethany {at} Powell Brower Home, on December 7, 2012 at 6:33 am said:

i absolutely love your week recap posts! great idea. i hope miss lucy is doing well. isnt it exhausting some times? mr seamus has settled in to a routine pretty nice by now but those first few weeks were a bit harried. happy weekend friend!

4. Giulia, on December 7, 2012 at 7:27 am said:

The Kate issue is getting even worse, can it be true that the nurse is now dead? http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/uk-hospital-receptionist-who-took-kate-crank-call-found-dead/article6078780/

5. rita, on December 7, 2012 at 8:03 am said:

the vogue doc was fun! it was so interesting to hear the stories of past fashion editors… i’m newly obsessed with polly mellon (she wore a juicy sweat suit for her interview) who is probably almost 90!

6. whitney, on December 7, 2012 at 8:11 am said:

I was reading about your ‘bff Catherine’ and thinking omg I hope her friend is ok – but then i got it ; )

Love that dress as well!

7. {The Design Daredevil} Jessie D. Miller, on December 7, 2012 at 9:20 am said:

Yesss!!! I LOVE those Serena and Lily canisters! Thanks for sharing.

8. Danielle, on December 7, 2012 at 9:59 am said:

Love the idea that you did a mini honeymoon! Sometimes the wedding + planning a huge trip can be so overwhelming! Cant wait to hear where you are going in 2013! :)

9. brighton, on December 7, 2012 at 10:10 am said:

I was SO happy to have you Victoria! and you were SUCH A joy to work with!! Thank you so much for guest posting on my blog!! And I look forward to having you again!! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

10. Mabel and Zora, on December 7, 2012 at 11:39 am said:

Great photo. Love the cozy. Have a great weekend!

11. Jahaira, on December 8, 2012 at 12:05 am said:

I just discovered your blog a little over a week ago and i have been obsessed ever since. I love your contents and creative layout. Inspiring.

Jah :)

12. Leigh, on December 8, 2012 at 1:07 pm said:

Oh that is the perfect dress for New Years Eve! And whatever the cookies are in that picture, I think you should make those! YUM!

13. Linnea, on December 9, 2012 at 11:00 am said:

I hope that you’re having a great Sunday, and that you & your puppy get more & more into a routine every day!

I love that dress – imagine twirling in it?! Let’s get real though – I would probably get it caught on every door handle I walked past :)

14. December 7, 2012 – Circa Sunday Afternoon, on April 4, 2013 at 8:58 am said:

[...] a holiday gift guide that will be launched next week!Friday Link: Check this out courtesy of VMac + Cheese >>the year in [...]