Constance + Variance

File this under newly obsessed and must have. I was so excited to recently be alerted to Timothy Daw’s beautiful line of recycled etched bottles. Besides bonus points for being affordable, the way Timothy comes about his bottles is pretty cool: with lots of friends working in SF bars and restaurants, he’s been able to collect plenty of interestingly shaped bottles, then repurpose them by adding his own unique etching designs. I’m totally digging the art deco feel he’s come up with. Wouldn’t they look fantastic on a bar cart?

Currently, he offers two sets, The Variance ($79), and The Constance ($49). Supply comes and goes, so be sure to check out his Etsy shop and stay in contact with him for your own set!

UPDATE: Timothy emailed me in May of 2013 to let me know about a Kickstarter campaign he’s launched to help get his business off the ground! You should check it out here — helping his Kickstarter will allow him to purchase his own laser etching machine so that he can produce lots more bottles, and a lot quicker. Which means more inventory, so you can get your hands on a set of these beauties. Check it out!

{Image Credits: Bottled Spirit}

20 responses to “Constance + Variance”

1. tobe | because it\'s awesome, on December 11, 2012 at 5:24 am said:

Umm…those are amazing.

2. Nikki Rappaport, on December 11, 2012 at 5:58 am said:

wow these are stunning!

3. Alex, on December 11, 2012 at 5:59 am said:

OH my gosh. Obsessed.

4. Bevin, on December 11, 2012 at 6:06 am said:

These are wonderful–I LOVE the design and the up-cycling aspect. Such a great find.

Bevin
    magnoliareverie.blogspot.com

5. Kenzie Lee, on December 11, 2012 at 6:10 am said:

What a great gift idea! So classic!

xo, Kenzie

6. Drew @ Catfish & Caviar, on December 11, 2012 at 6:17 am said:

These are awesome! I love the design!

7. Naomi (Design Manifest), on December 11, 2012 at 6:32 am said:

oh heaven. I think I need to start drinking more.

8. Rachelle, on December 11, 2012 at 6:33 am said:

Those are pretty cool my sister and I just started decorating out kitchen. A few of those would look great.
    xo
    Rachelle

9. rachael // for the love of design, on December 11, 2012 at 7:32 am said:

oh. my. gosh. those are SO good. i would buy a bar cart just to have a place to display them…

10. Jewel at Eat.Drink.Shop.Love, on December 11, 2012 at 8:45 am said:

These are so pretty! I want some.

11. Grace - Stripes & Sequins, on December 11, 2012 at 8:57 am said:

beautiful! gimme.

12. Danielle, on December 11, 2012 at 8:58 am said:

This set would be so amazing on a bar cart! I love that he uses recycled materials. I’m sure after your awesome feature he is going to be sold out! ;)

13. Chelsea, on December 11, 2012 at 9:11 am said:

LOVE them!

14. Chelsea, on December 11, 2012 at 9:29 am said:

These are simply stunning! I’m bummed he’s sold old for the holiday season, but will definitely keep up to date to nab them when they are back to being available.

Chelsea
    Haute Child in the City

15. Manda @ Eat Cake, on December 11, 2012 at 11:37 am said:

Thanks for sharing!
    These are so cool.

Love,
    Eat Cake

16. BJC, on December 11, 2012 at 1:06 pm said:

These are absolutely awesome.

17. Lisa // Elembee, on December 11, 2012 at 8:31 pm said:

Seriously amazing.

18. Jess in Belgium: Super, Pretty, Funny {no. 17}, on December 13, 2012 at 11:23 pm said:

[...] Gorgeous booze bottles. [...]

19. Weekend Reading | Stripes & Sequins, on December 15, 2012 at 3:00 am said:

[...] I want some etched bottles. [...]

20. L O C O N C E P T S: DREAM BAR, on January 24, 2013 at 12:03 pm said:

[...] 1. I love Our Cozy Casa’s bar space, especially the metal basket below. / 2. My guy just inherited some crystal tumblers like this we can’t wait to use but are also a little afraid to. / 3. A classy bottle opener, because sometimes, it’s gotta be beer. / 4. I want to get an indoor lemon tree so there’s always fresh fruit on hand for whiskey sours or infused simple syrup. / 5. Sparkling water is a favorite mixer lately, because I’m not a fan of super-sweet drinks. / 6. Using this book (with great illustrations) for drinking inspiration. / 7. I drink pretty much everything, and everything goes great with grapefruit juice.  Seriously: greyhound (vodka), paloma (tequila), gin & juice, blinder (scotch), blinker (rye whiskey), jamaican juice (rum). / 8. Cool berlin coasters for icy drinks. / 9. Spotted these recycled etched bottles via vmac & cheese. [...]