Aurore de la Morinerie

I honestly feel like I always find the best artists via Pinterest. Actually, almost the best everything via Pinterest, but I digress. I pinned this pretty tiger the other day and had been meaning to find out more about the artist credited. Her name, Aurore de la Morinerie, is as beautiful as her work! According to her website, Aurore actually begin her career in fashion design, before studying Chinese calligraphy, and ultimately working primarily as a fashion artist. She’s worked with clients such as Hermès, Le Monde, and ELLE, and also produces fine art pieces focused on landscapes, animals, and more. I love the fluidity of her work, and the vibrancy of the colors. So, so pretty!

I gathered up a bunch more of my favorites right over here:

You can also snag a few of her pieces on Art.com and on Allposters.com (though sadly, none of my personal favorites are available)!

What do you think? Could you hang one up in your home right away?

{Image Credits: Aurore de la Morinerie site; Agent & Artists}

17 responses to “Aurore de la Morinerie”

1. Kenzie Lee, on December 13, 2012 at 5:30 am said:

Gorgeous! I love the amazing things you can find on Pinterest!

Oh and I’m your latest Pinterest follower :)

xo, Kenzie

2. Danie at Pasadya, on December 13, 2012 at 5:58 am said:

Oh, WOW! I adore her art, and now that you introduced her, I’m pretty sure she’ll be inspiration for my own art. Thanks so much for sharing!

3. renee [crossed and dotted], on December 13, 2012 at 6:18 am said:

flamingoes. for my bathroom. thanks for sharing – she is fabulous!

4. Rachel, on December 13, 2012 at 6:39 am said:

Some amazing art here :)

Rachel’s Lookbook

5. Tobe | Because It's Awesome, on December 13, 2012 at 6:42 am said:

whoa. just died.

6. Bethany, on December 13, 2012 at 7:07 am said:

These are gorgeous. Thanks for featuring her work — can’t wait to get a print!

Bethany
    aluckyfifth.com

7. rita, on December 13, 2012 at 7:13 am said:

wow. i would like the tiger, the blue stripe thing, and the black and gold dress hanging in my house right now. gorgeous, thanks for sharing!

8. Erin | Holtwood Hipster, on December 13, 2012 at 7:44 am said:

The fluidity… captivating. You can almost visualize the brush making those strokes. Made me want to scroll for more. One of the best parts of this post was learning about her career path. I love hearing how people get into these niche professions which eventually lead to something seemingly so different, but when you think about it make total sense in acquiring the skill sets that got them where they are today.

9. Lauren | Seventeenth & Irving, on December 13, 2012 at 8:39 am said:

What a crazy coincidence! Someone gave me the blue horse print of hers several years ago, and I never knew where it came from or who the artist was. I love it – it’s in our dining room. I clicked over to Art.com from your post and boom, there it is! I’m so thankful to finally know where it’s from and who the artist is! Yay, fate!

10. Natalie, on December 13, 2012 at 9:10 am said:

Love the print of the billowy gray dress – it makes me think of that ad (I believe for Dior?) that features Charlize Theron in a gorgeous, billowing dress. I wish I had a little bit more wall space for art in my tiny SF apartment – these are great!

Natalie
    Name’s Not Ashley

11. Corbynn, on December 13, 2012 at 9:19 am said:

Gorgeous! I love these. Go pinterest!

Corbynn
    thesistersinthecity.com

12. Nikki Rappaport, on December 13, 2012 at 9:45 am said:

Ohh these are super cool. Thanks for sharing! The one with the red skirt is so powerful.

13. Grace - Stripes & Sequins, on December 13, 2012 at 9:48 am said:

These are really beautiful! Of course I’m obsessed with the tiger.

14. Joan, on December 13, 2012 at 10:20 am said:

Watercolor illustrations always hold a special place in my heart, I love the movement that is portrayed with such a simple and elegant stroke of a brush. I would hang these up!

15. brighton, on December 13, 2012 at 11:43 am said:

oh wow! these are great!!

16. Kelly / Fabulous K, on December 13, 2012 at 2:50 pm said:

What can I say that hasn’t already been said in the comments — I mean, her work is stunning!