Splurge/Save

Given that one of these dresses clocks in at $160, and the other at $795, I don’t know that it’s much of a contest. Still, if you didn’t know anything about the accompanying pricetags, which one would you choose? And with less than three weeks until New Years Eve, have you made your plans yet?

9 responses to “Splurge/Save”

1. Amberly, on December 13, 2012 at 10:33 am said:

I love the second one because of the cut out in the back and the quality of sequins looks better. :)

2. Jacquelyn | lark & linen, on December 13, 2012 at 11:27 am said:

I actually prefer the splurge option! That almost NEVER happens

3. lindsey, on December 13, 2012 at 11:48 am said:

I cannot afford to splurge, but I really love that dress! The draping, along with the sequins, is amazing!
    xo,
    Lindsey

4. Natalie, on December 13, 2012 at 1:47 pm said:

I prefer the “save” one! I think the darker sequins are better looking, and I’m not a fan of the bagginess on the “splurge” option. Such a great example of how two identical items can be so disparate in price!

Natalie
    Name’s Not Ashley

5. Nancy, on December 14, 2012 at 4:55 am said:

The all over sequins are what is most important, so the first one will have an equal affect I feel! Have a wonderful weekend and Happy Holidays!
    xo Nancy
    Powellbrowerhome.com

6. Ashley, on December 14, 2012 at 11:18 am said:

Remember that little number I wore at your wedding. For me, it also has

N

Y

E

written all over it!

xoxo,

AMK

7. Cait, on December 14, 2012 at 6:18 pm said:

I actually like the less expensive one better! Always love seeing two similar items with much different price tags compared to each other – points out how much we’re actually paying for the label.

8. Danette @ All My Love for All My Days, on December 14, 2012 at 8:01 pm said:

I would have chose the 2nd one. My mom always says that I can go into any store and walk straight up to the most expensive piece in the whole store.

9. TeeChuk, on December 16, 2012 at 10:47 am said:

I’d go for the 2nd dress! The detailing in the back is fab!