The Man Behind Gal Meets Glam

Whenever I hang out with Julia from Gal Meets Glam, it couldn’t be more clear how in love she is with her husband Thomas. It’s actually really stinking adorable. She’s always quick to tell cute stories about the two of them, and has shared with me many times just how supportive he is of her blog (I mean, do you have someone in your life who’s willing to look at your site statistics and help you build a strategy around them? I certainly don’t!). Through all her anecdotes, I almost feel like I know him (we’ve never officially met), so featuring him as today’s Man Behind the Blog was an obvious choice to close out the year, until the series starts back up again in 2013! And a little sidenote: his approach to Julia taking Instagrams of things is the best thing I’ve ever heard. I’m instituting that rule on my own!

38 responses to “The Man Behind Gal Meets Glam”

1. Drew @ Catfish & Caviar, on December 19, 2012 at 5:09 am said:

This is a great one Victoria! LOVE her blog! The best part is how he brings her lattes in bed while she’s working on her blog…might need to mention that to my bf.

2. Kenzie Lee, on December 19, 2012 at 5:32 am said:

I love Julia’s blog and am so happy to finally get a glimpse at her husband. I can tell just by reading her blog how much she loves him!

xo. Kenzie

3. Tanvi, on December 19, 2012 at 5:36 am said:

This is adorable. Having met her in Sept. (in NYC) I know what you mean. She is a sweetheart and through this feature we know so is her husband. Love this series.

Crazy & Co.

4. Liz {Sequins & Stripes}, on December 19, 2012 at 5:40 am said:

Can I marry him? Seriously. They could not be more adorable and if I had someone to support my aspirations the way Thomas does, I would be a happy camper. Such a sweet MBTB!

5. Tiffany @ Savor Home, on December 19, 2012 at 6:13 am said:

So sweet!! Surprising her with lattes in bed and super supportive of her work?? Love. I wonder if he has a single brother who is similar?? :)

6. Rachelle, on December 19, 2012 at 6:20 am said:

I love Julia, I don’t know her but I can tell she’s really sweet. I’ve been following her blog for a long time now.
    xo
    Rachelle

7. christin, on December 19, 2012 at 6:30 am said:

Loved this! Like a lot. So many good tips especially the 3 takes on instagram. I am very guilty of multiple tries.

8. Erika ~TiptoeButterfly~, on December 19, 2012 at 6:48 am said:

such a great way to get to know bloggers!

9. Lauren, on December 19, 2012 at 7:07 am said:

Adore Julia’s blog! Glad you featured Thomas!

10. The Yuppie Files, on December 19, 2012 at 7:20 am said:

What a great interview! Love Gal Meets Glam and all she’s done with her site. And I think I’m going to use the 3 picture rule for myself!

11. nicole, on December 19, 2012 at 7:27 am said:

what an intelligent, articulate guy! i enjoyed julia’s blog before, and i think now i might even like it more!

12. Natalie, on December 19, 2012 at 7:32 am said:

I think my favorite part of this profile is his quote on pushing her out the door so they get the right lighting! I love that. My husband is the photographer extrordinaire in my relationship as well, so I know that Thomas is dedicated when he focuses on the lighting! What a great profile, Victoria!

Natalie
    Name’s Not Ashley

13. Annie, on December 19, 2012 at 8:22 am said:

Such a sweet couple. I’m with Thomas on the selfies and the popular page, and I’m loving his 3 picture limit. Too funny!

14. Hitha On The Go, on December 19, 2012 at 8:36 am said:

This is incredibly adorable. I’ve yet to get Sri to sit down and go through my Google Analytics with me!

15. Grace - Stripes & Sequins, on December 19, 2012 at 8:50 am said:

I love Julia’s blog and really liked getting to learn a little bit more about her man. I feel like him and Stefan would get along swimmingly. :)

16. Danielle, on December 19, 2012 at 9:44 am said:

This might be the sweetest thing ever. What a truly darling couple – it shines through her blog! Love this feature. Great stuff, as always, Victoria!

17. Corbynn, on December 19, 2012 at 9:51 am said:

Cute! Loved reading this!

Corbynn
    thesistersinthecity.com

18. Samira, on December 19, 2012 at 10:48 am said:

I love her blog! that is so sweet of him!

19. alyson, on December 19, 2012 at 1:34 pm said:

Wow, so impressed (and perhaps slightly envious!) of his passion — and knowledge — of Julia’s blog. My husband is the most supportive man I could imagine but it’s not necessarily his thing. His passion for analytics, helping her, and instituting the three insta rule is awesome. Love it.

20. Erica | cupcakes + coffee breaks, on December 19, 2012 at 4:28 pm said:

I’m so glad you featured Julia + Thomas. I really love Julia’s blog, and I gotta say, Thomas has photography skill that I can only dream of! It was really cool to get to read about his interpretation of blogging, and all the things he helps Julia out with. Really great feature!

21. Courtney, on December 19, 2012 at 4:38 pm said:

Victoria! My friend (I think Hitha) mentioned great things about your blog, and I meant to stop by. Then just saw a tweet about this post and so glad I did. Love it!

Julia+Thomas are so cute. Sending this over to my boyfriend now. He said the same thing, “There’s no way I’m taking your pictures” Six months later, its routine. ;)

xo, Courtney
    girlavantgarde.com

22. Chelsea, on December 19, 2012 at 4:59 pm said:

It’s so wonderful to see such a lovely couple act as such a unit and be so supportive of each other! Loved reading this profile!

Chelsea
    Haute Child in the City

23. Tracy, on December 19, 2012 at 6:23 pm said:

I love Julia’s blog and this was so much fun to read – what a cute couple!

24. Leanne, on December 20, 2012 at 4:49 am said:

Such a cute post. It’s so interesting to see behind the lense!

Love from South Africa

25. Leigh, on December 20, 2012 at 7:07 am said:

I love this series! What an adorable interview!

26. Heidi, on December 20, 2012 at 7:48 am said:

This is adorable! It’s so true, but blogging doesn’t happen alone. Especially for those folks who take outfit pictures on a routine basis, which obviously Julia does. Someone has got to be taking those pictures and that makes it a partnership.

27. Emma Finlayson, on December 20, 2012 at 11:50 am said:

Fun reading about the man behind the woman.
    I have recently started blogging and my husband is so supportive. It is really special to see men so proud of what their wives have accomplished!!!

28. Katie @ Katie's Bliss, on December 20, 2012 at 1:37 pm said:

It’s so nice how supportive guys are of their gals blogging! I know that my blog Katie’s Bliss would not exist if it wasn’t for my boyfriend Nick! Would love to submit him for consideration when you start up this series again :)

katiesbliss.com

29. Lizzy, on December 20, 2012 at 7:01 pm said:

Poor guy…he even looks sad in his picture! Welp, if he chooses to be stuck in her shadow, then that’s his choice! To each their own ;)

30. Sarah, on December 20, 2012 at 7:54 pm said:

I love this feature, it’s a different twist than most interview’s I’ve seen on the actual blogger herself! This is a great idea and the interview was really interesting to read. He sounds like a great speaker/writer.

-Sarah
    The Weekend Diary

31. Mandy, on December 20, 2012 at 9:14 pm said:

I love this feature! It’s so fun reading the guys thoughts on the whole blogging world. I think I need to adapt their instagram food photography rule…my food goes cold too often :)

xoxo
    Mandy
    Saguaros & Stilettos

32. Meghan, on December 21, 2012 at 8:59 am said:

this is such a darling feature. I adore Julia and her blog so it’s fun to see her hubby share more about how they tag team on it. thanks, victoria!

33. Giovanna, on December 21, 2012 at 10:29 am said:

Such a cute interview! It’s great how supportive he is of Julia! Love her blog!

xx
    Giovanna

34. Ailee, on December 27, 2012 at 9:39 am said:

This is the best ‘The Man Behind the Blog’ yet – he is obviously so proud of her, and it’s so lovely to see. And what a gorgeous couple – are you kidding me??

35. Reem, on January 19, 2013 at 5:00 pm said:

I completely dig this blog entry, My girlfriend of three years takes my photos when she can. Were still growing as a partner for blogging but hopefully we get every stitch down

36. Oksana, on April 11, 2013 at 10:19 am said:

Just came across the MBTB series, and I love it! So interesting to go behind the scenes and gain a new perspective of one of my fave bloggers! Reading the Instagram rule made me think of my own husband. :) There really should be a support group for all MBTB! XOXO

37. Blog 5 | Pearltrees, on May 19, 2013 at 5:15 pm said: