A Day in the Life

two tone shoes | via vmac+cheese

I’ve been thinking a lot about new things I’d like to feature on the blog, and kept returning to an idea that used to be much more prevalent around these parts — sharing photos of what’s going on in my life! If there’s one regret I have about 2012, it’s that I took an embarrassingly small number of photos with my real DSLR camera. Blame the iPhone, blame my own laziness, but it’s something I hope to rectify this year, especially because I used to keep you guys in the loop way more often!

I thought a great way to get that particular resolution off on the right foot would be to launch an occasional column that shares sneak peeks into my everyday world. Weekend outings, regular work days at home, fun happenings here in SF — all up for documentation! Yesterday, my first official day in the office in 2013, seemed like as good a time as any to start. So here it is, a day in the life (and new year) of Victoria…

day in the life notes

lucy | via vmac+cheese
lucy notes

lucy's tail | via vmac+cheese
lucy's tail note | vmac+cheese
tea and work | via vmac+cheese

acquaverde jeans | via vmac+cheese
mail call note
catalogs | via vmac+cheese

christmas tree | vmac+cheese

the paris wife | vmac+cheese
the paris wife notes | vmac+cheese

In this post:

Matt Bernson flats, similar here | Coffee Mug | Jeans | Throw Pillows | Faux Fur Blanket

66 responses to “A Day in the Life”

1. Alex, on January 3, 2013 at 5:45 am said:

Love Lucy’s little booty! So cute! And Paris Wife is one of my favorites!

2. Laura @ Chaotic Domestic, on January 3, 2013 at 5:45 am said:

Your puppy is adorable. I have an english bulldog – I love his little tail too!

3. Lauren, on January 3, 2013 at 5:52 am said:

Love this idea/series! Please keep it up!

4. Hitha On The Go, on January 3, 2013 at 5:56 am said:

I love these posts! I also love Lucy appearances on the blog. Can’t wait to see more of these!

5. Eileen, on January 3, 2013 at 6:11 am said:

Love this series and that little Lucy is so stinkin cute!

6. Nikki Rappaport, on January 3, 2013 at 6:14 am said:

Great series. I think this will be really fun for you and us as readers. Also, I read the Paris wife this summer and loved it. You’re going to want to read A Moveable Feast right after.

7. Drew @ Catfish & Caviar, on January 3, 2013 at 6:20 am said:

Lucy is too cute! Great series& I really need to start reading again. I have heard great things about that book.

8. Jackie @ Daydreamer, on January 3, 2013 at 6:43 am said:

I love this series, Victoria! It’s always so fun to get a glimpse of a blogger’s daily life. And your pictures are beautiful!

9. Nora O, on January 3, 2013 at 6:46 am said:

I love this series… Lucy is too cute! I read The Paris Wife and loved it!

10. Grace - Stripes & Sequins, on January 3, 2013 at 6:52 am said:

I really love this series – what a fun idea!

11. Tobe | Because It's Awesome, on January 3, 2013 at 6:57 am said:

i’m going to love these updates. and lucy’s cameos :)

12. Nina, on January 3, 2013 at 7:13 am said:

What a fun feature! Your pup is freaking adorable :-)

13. Lauren | Seventeenth & Irving, on January 3, 2013 at 7:20 am said:

I’m supportive of this series because it includes pictures of a ridiculously cute puppy.

14. jacquelyn |lark&linen, on January 3, 2013 at 7:51 am said:

I think I’m going to enjoy this new series. Especially if Lucy is involved!! I just love her so

15. Jess | the Jess Journals, on January 3, 2013 at 8:10 am said:

Love this peek into your life! :) Lucy is adorable as usual. haha

16. Valerie @ chronicles of him and her, on January 3, 2013 at 8:12 am said:

I love this new series! It’s always fun to get a glimpse into another blogger’s life – especially when you work for yourself and get to make your own schedule! Jealous! Lucy is the cutest little nugget ever!

17. Stephanie of The Eventful Life, on January 3, 2013 at 8:21 am said:

I absolutely loved this post – proof that a simple idea can have a real impact!

Also, I love that you heat up your dog’s food – you’re such a good mom ;)

18. Kenzie Lee, on January 3, 2013 at 8:23 am said:

I am saving for an planning to buy a DSLR camera this year. Let’s just say your pictures are inspiring me to reach that goal!

X Kenzie

19. Erika // Radiant Republic, on January 3, 2013 at 8:33 am said:

The pup pictures! Loving this series already :)

20. Rachel, on January 3, 2013 at 8:41 am said:

Such a cute post and your photography is amazing! Thank you for sharing :)

Rachel’s Lookbook

21. Taylor, on January 3, 2013 at 8:42 am said:

Love this series!!!

22. elle // wonderfelle world, on January 3, 2013 at 8:55 am said:

Oh I just love this idea – its so interesting to see a day in the life from your perspective, especially since it’s SO different than mine (puts on suit, goes to office, wishes she had a puppy). I’m looking forward to more of this series!

23. Alyssa, on January 3, 2013 at 8:58 am said:

Love the little look into your daily life–especially because you make even the simplest pictures gorgeous. Looking forward to more!

24. Gloria, on January 3, 2013 at 9:07 am said:

The expression on Lucy’s face is so funny :-) My Frenchie sits like that too – love them!

25. taylor, on January 3, 2013 at 9:59 am said:

love this series so much! great idea. i started the paris wife on tape and haven’t been able to get into it in the car – I think I need to do nonfiction on audiobooks and fiction I need to just read – when people’s voices dont sound like what I want the character to sound like it messes with my mind!

26. Holli Anne, on January 3, 2013 at 10:01 am said:

Um…if you keep posting pictures of that dog, I’m pretty sure I’ll keep reading these :)

27. Natalie, on January 3, 2013 at 10:26 am said:

Such a fun series! I think getting to look into the day-to-day lives of other people is one of the very best things about reading blogs! Also, I think you’ll continue to enjoy The Paris Wife – I was a bit skeptical when I started reading it, but by the end I was thoroughrly enjoying the beauty of the story. I completely agree with your other commenter, Nikki -you will want to read A Moveable Feast when you’re done!

Natalie
    Name’s Not Ashley

28. Randilea, on January 3, 2013 at 10:36 am said:

So glad you’re doing this series! Also can I please please come snuggle with Lucy? She is ADORABLE!

29. Kirby, on January 3, 2013 at 10:49 am said:

I love this series!

30. Tiffany @ Savor Home, on January 3, 2013 at 10:54 am said:

Oh I love!! You come up with the best ideas for series. Fabulous photos!

31. Dana McDowell, on January 3, 2013 at 11:23 am said:

Cute, I love this post!!!! The best I’ve seen from you in a while prolly! Happy New Year =)

32. Michelle, on January 3, 2013 at 11:33 am said:

Great idea for a post! Alway love a glimpse into the everyday life of someone else.
    Thanks for sharing :)

-Michelle
    Holistic Health Coach

33. Sophie, on January 3, 2013 at 11:37 am said:

love this! your flats are amaze and little lucy is just insanely adorable!
    im ending my day on a big cup of hot tea right now. favourite way to unwind. x

34. LWP, on January 3, 2013 at 12:05 pm said:

I can’t get over the pug face! Happy New Year!

35. K, on January 3, 2013 at 12:36 pm said:

Love this idea Victoria! Your pictures are so beautiful. Happy New Year!!

36. Clara, on January 3, 2013 at 1:24 pm said:

Alright I’m sold. Can’t wait to see more of this series!!

37. Jenn J., on January 3, 2013 at 1:52 pm said:

I love this post! I work from home so I’m always interested in what others are up to. Also, you may have already mentioned this but what breeder did you get Lucy from? I’m saving up to purchase a darling Frenchie later this year and am always looking for recommendations. Thank you, Victoria :)

38. caitlin, on January 3, 2013 at 2:59 pm said:

oh man lucys little bum is so cute!!

39. Ezen, on January 3, 2013 at 3:12 pm said:

Cute shoes :D

40. Lauren, on January 3, 2013 at 3:21 pm said:

I LOVE this new post. Such a great way to give us a small glimpse into your life :) great job!

41. Jen, on January 3, 2013 at 4:08 pm said:

Love this idea! Might have to try this sometime. What fonts do you use? I love your choices, they’re so easy to read!

Cheers!
    Jen

42. MaddyVeenstra, on January 3, 2013 at 4:32 pm said:

I loved this post! Definitely make it a regular segment :) M

43. Emily, on January 3, 2013 at 4:43 pm said:

Love this! I need to do some sort of photo series too now that I have a new DSLR. That darn iPhone is just so convenient! :)

44. Kristen, on January 3, 2013 at 5:39 pm said:

I can tell I’m going to love this! I’ve heard great things about The Paris Wife too! Enjoy!

45. Mere, on January 3, 2013 at 6:37 pm said:

Love this new series Victoria! Your pictures are beautiful. Happy New Years!

46. Gabrielle | Savvy Home, on January 3, 2013 at 8:26 pm said:

Happy New Year darling! Great series, as always. Looking forward to more good times in 2013 :) xx

47. Sophie, on January 4, 2013 at 3:33 am said:

Definitely looking forward to more of these posts! Happy New Year!

Sophie x

48. Kate, on January 4, 2013 at 5:23 am said:

I lol’ed at the fact that you heat up your dog’s food. I love that. :)

49. Nancy, on January 4, 2013 at 5:35 am said:

I loved this post and I am so happy to hear that you are planning to continue to do more day in the life posts! Your photos are great, I think there is a great beauty to images of every day life!

50. Chelsea, on January 4, 2013 at 5:52 am said:

I absolutely love this post! Thanks for sharing a peek into your day-to-day, and of course, adorable Lucy pictures. You are so not helping in my Frenchie obsession ;)

Chelsea
    Haute Child in the City

51. Elizabeth // Stone Textile, on January 4, 2013 at 6:43 am said:

Such a great post Victoria! Happy New Year! Lucy is so cute…

52. Heidi | The Rustic Modernist, on January 4, 2013 at 8:11 am said:

This is one of my favorite posts! Lucy is adorable and I’m glad to hear I’m not the only one who is like a kid on Christmas everytime UPS comes knocking…

53. Sarah, on January 4, 2013 at 8:59 am said:

Great idea…such a fun post. Am with you on not using the DSLR enough. Hoping to learn how to really use it this year.

54. Tali, on January 4, 2013 at 10:04 am said:

What a fun idea, love that photograph of Lucy!

55. Natalie / Half Asleep Studio, on January 4, 2013 at 10:21 am said:

Love this! So happy you’re doing it.

56. Naomi (Design Manifest), on January 4, 2013 at 6:47 pm said:

sometimes I wish Bailey was fawn instead of black so that I could capture pictures of him more easily. Lucy is adorable!

Happy new years Vmac! Enjoying a little catch up tonight.

57. Teresa, on January 6, 2013 at 12:33 pm said:

We also have an adorable frenchie, Ralphie. I was just curious what food you feed Lucy that you warm up?

58. libby, on January 6, 2013 at 7:17 pm said:

great series! and i just finished the paris wife – so good!

59. Brand Spankin’ New Day | Weeknight Wandering, on January 7, 2013 at 6:00 am said:

[...] 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9 [...]

60. Manda @ Eat Cake, on January 7, 2013 at 6:55 pm said:

Love that lil’ tail!
    I have a little obsession with doggy/kitty ears :)

Much Love,
    Manda from Eat Cake

61. Alexis @ Lex & Learn, on January 8, 2013 at 7:27 pm said:

Great pictures, and I shared a similar resolution to take more “real” pictures in a recent blog post. It is so hard with the iPhone, gorgeous Pinterest images, etc. What do you use for photo editing, effects…? I don’t have any software for that right now but I am thinking about making an investment since I do have a DSLR. Thanks!

62. brooke s-c, on January 8, 2013 at 7:35 pm said:

great post. i thought the paris wife was great! i’m pretty hemingway obsessed.