Little Spoon

il_570xN.288673207

il_570xN.279682759

il_570xN.280703535

il_570xN.366868657_ir45

il_570xN.272355052

il_570xN.366672804_kgxd

I’m completely smitten with the spooning couples series from wonderful artist Clare Elsaesser. There’s something very real, romantic, modern, yet whimsical about them all, don’t you think? Clare doesn’t just paint lovey dovey couples either. Her Etsy shop is chock full of beautifully haunting works that often have a low key, sexy vibe to them (I’ve long been in love with the colors in the Married to the Sea painting, and am also digging these ‘undressed’ works).

As for why I included the tabby cat? Honestly, it reminds me so much of one of the three cats I grew up with (and currently the only surviving feline of the trio). His name is Sunny, and he still lives in Texas. When he gets sleepy and starts to fall asleep right where he’s sitting, this is exactly the face he makes.

And in case you’re wondering — I’m typically little spoon. But more often than not, I end up in Joe’s nook, that little place where the chest meets the shoulder. It’s just so comfy!

{Art work: Striped Sleeper; Sweet Dreams; November; Blue Black Room; Couples Painting; Sinister Tabby}

17 responses to “Little Spoon”

1. Tiffany, on January 15, 2013 at 4:35 am said:

Beautiful art! I love these pieces. One would look great in a gallery wall in the master bedroom.

2. Naomi A, on January 15, 2013 at 5:10 am said:

The second to last is my favorite. But they are all so sweet~

The Occasional Indulgence

3. Myfanwy, on January 15, 2013 at 5:23 am said:

Love these paintings! Now I just have to limit my purchase to one…. :)

4. Eleni | My Paradissi, on January 15, 2013 at 5:29 am said:

My favorite sleep position ;)
    And, I’m sorry, but I couldn’t help but laugh at the contradiction of the single cat at the end- before reading the text, of course =)

5. Laura @ Chaotic Domestic, on January 15, 2013 at 5:33 am said:

This has been one of my favorite etsy shops. November is my favorite.

6. Cookin Canuck, on January 15, 2013 at 5:35 am said:

What lovely paintings – very whimsical and romantic. And I love the orange cat – I have two!

7. Becca, on January 15, 2013 at 6:04 am said:

I love these paintings. I have seen some of her work before (like the married to the sea painting you mentioned), and didn’t know too much about her. I love seeing her other work. Thanks!

8. tobe | because it\'s awesome, on January 15, 2013 at 6:33 am said:

LOVE.

9. Chelsea, on January 15, 2013 at 6:41 am said:

Love them! In our duo David is usually the little spoon. :)

10. Alyssa, on January 15, 2013 at 7:05 am said:

These would be perfect for a bedroom. They’re all so romantic and lovely!

11. Yanira Garza, on January 15, 2013 at 7:16 am said:

I’ve been looking for that one amazing piece of art. I hope you keep sharing your finds. I always discover something new with your blog.

12. Lara Tumer, on January 15, 2013 at 7:55 am said:

Thanks for sharing! Love these so much!

13. Meghan, on January 15, 2013 at 8:53 am said:

Awww i love her work! I gave the 4th one down to my honey for our anniversary, and I just bought her ‘undress,’ ‘to the night,’ and ‘fall’ prints which I’ve hung in our bathroom! She is a very sweet seller too :)

14. Danielle, on January 15, 2013 at 9:49 am said:

i LOVE LOVE LOVE this. need one

15. Nancy, on January 15, 2013 at 10:54 am said:

We are in love with her work and have a few prints. She is a wonderful person, too and so thankful in her personal notes with each print.
    xo Nancy
    Powellbrowerhome.com

16. amanda, on January 15, 2013 at 11:12 am said:

i love this series. no one i know hasn’t been the big spoon and the little spoon at some point yet i’ve never seen a series like this. its really quite charming.

amanda

17. Danie at Pasadya, on January 16, 2013 at 8:20 am said:

Love the style of the artwork! Thanks so much for sharing about her. Can’t wait to check out more of her work!