Modern Alchemy

gold + silver | via vmac+cheese

I’m the first to admit that in the blog world, there are certain accessories — both for home and for person — that are ubiquitous. Anything metallic is one of them. And yet, in this case, I don’t care. I’m still unapologetically into all things shiny. Metallics are the perfect thing to straddle and unite so many different types of styles; I often think they’re the missing link between a harmonious glam/modern or modern/fem combination.

Let’s talk about that gold fish scale backsplash. Isn’t it fantastic? I’m also slightly obsessed with these glasses from Anthro. The lowball version has ‘pooled gold’ fired into the bottom of the glass, to give off the effect that you’re imbibing pure gold. So fun!

1. Abate Slatted Mirror | 2. Pressed Gilt Placemat | 3. Almoco Gold Flatware

4. Gold Wishbone | 5. Nest Studio Knob | 6. Silver Horn Bowl | 7. Pooled Gold Glasses

8. Eames Gold Leaf Chair | 9. Fish Scales Gold Tile | 10. Silver Appaloosa Tote | 11. Baka Flats

19 responses to “Modern Alchemy”

1. Carlene: Healthfully Ever After, on January 24, 2013 at 10:36 am said:

I think there was a point in time in the blog world where you could spray paint anything metallic and it would be successful. I’m personally loving brass right now!

2. Stefanie // Life on the Squares, on January 24, 2013 at 10:37 am said:

love the gold wishbone!

great finds!

XO, Stefanie
    Life on the Squares

3. rita, on January 24, 2013 at 10:47 am said:

that eames chair is amazing.

4. Alison, on January 24, 2013 at 11:58 am said:

I adore all things metallic! You’re right that they are a notorious “blogger thing,” but I feel the same way – I love them too much to care ;)

XO, Alison

5. Tobe | Because It's Awesome, on January 24, 2013 at 11:36 am said:

i’ll take one of each please!

6. Julie // Bound, on January 24, 2013 at 11:37 am said:

These are gorgeous pieces. I’m fully “moved in” to my apartment now, and looking for ways to decorate that feel sophisticated… and yet not so feminine that my husband feels the need to hang some antlers up in protest. Pretty sure this is a good jumping-off point.

7. Nikki Rappaport, on January 24, 2013 at 11:39 am said:

That bag and those shoes! I’m in love.

8. Emily Fitzgerald, on January 24, 2013 at 11:53 am said:

i posted about those fish tiles today, too! completely obsessed.

9. cait & val, on January 24, 2013 at 12:28 pm said:

4,8, & 9. LOVE!
    you picked out some amazing pieces!!

xo. c & v
    cake & valley

10. Alyssa, on January 24, 2013 at 12:34 pm said:

I’m feeling like I absolutely need that gold wishbone. I don’t know what I would do with it, but I need it!

11. Danielle, on January 24, 2013 at 1:33 pm said:

I just bought that tote! Awesome finds, thanks! :)

12. Chelsea, on January 24, 2013 at 1:35 pm said:

I have been eyeing that wishbone for a while now! I think it would be a great desk accessory!

Chelsea
    Haute Child in the City

13. amanda, on January 24, 2013 at 3:03 pm said:

i am waiting for a quicky winter sale for those antrho flats. dig ‘em in a maj way.

amanda

14. Amy, on January 24, 2013 at 7:03 pm said:

Ha, you’re right – so bloggy! And great post title!

Amy
    sprinkleofsilk.blogspot.com

15. Lauren, on January 24, 2013 at 7:29 pm said:

Eek! That gold wishbone. I am in love. This whole collection is wonderful.

Lauren x
    Gordon + Gold

16. taylor, on January 24, 2013 at 8:14 pm said:

gimme those glasses and those sparkly flats!! gracias.

17. Kathrin / 6 FOOT ONE, on January 25, 2013 at 11:33 am said:

Love this collection! Your website is absolutely gorgeous! Love the layout <3
    XO, Kat

18. Lauren Maxwell @ Flee to the Cleve, on January 25, 2013 at 4:56 pm said:

That chair is stunning.

19. Jessica, on January 27, 2013 at 5:53 pm said:

I do find it funny how every blogger seems to have the SAME expensive candles, gold flat wear, fur throws, and Etsy artwork, but I can’t help myself I love it too!
    I would LOVE to have that gold wishbone on my mantle!
    xx