Ravishing Raspberry

color obsession raspberry | via vmac+cheese While perusing Pinterest the other day, I came across this oldie but goodie from one of the first issues of Rue magazine. The deep, rich, hue of this raspberry couch all but stopped my in my tracks. It has such a vintage feel to it, but when paired with the right tables, artwork, and accessories, feels less grandma and more boho ‘glam-ma,’ don’t you think? Random true fact: when I was a kid, raspberry flavored anything was my absolute fave. I adored those little framboise candies that came in the round tins and thought the packaging was the epitome of chic. Raspberry is still one of my favorite flavors, it’s just that these days, I think I’d prefer things in a raspberry hue…like this:

{Click on any of the items to shop it!}

Ravishing Raspberry

Corrigan Chair pillow clutch raspberry pops blouse earrings tassel blanket lip butter nail polish

{Image Credit: Emily Anderson for Rue Magazine, “Anna in Paris,” January/February 2011}

21 responses to “Ravishing Raspberry”

1. Kenzie Lee, on February 5, 2013 at 4:41 am said:

I completely agree. My favorite way to wear raspberry is on my lips and nails! I love traditional reds for a night out but I think raspberry has a special place for a less harsh day to day look!

X Kenzie

2. Carlene: Healthfully Ever After, on February 5, 2013 at 5:22 am said:

This is such a romantic color!

3. Elise {Buttercream & Roses}, on February 5, 2013 at 5:53 am said:

I love this color. Trying to incorporate more of this color in my wardrobe and home. That tufted chair is beautiful. Great post!

4. Becca, on February 5, 2013 at 6:01 am said:

I love this color. I saw that couch when you pinned it and thought I need a bit more of that color in my life.

5. Ashley @ a {little} dash of ash, on February 5, 2013 at 6:05 am said:

this post just made raspberry my newest favorite color! love the inspiration!! xoxo, ashley {a {little} dash of ash}

6. jacquelyn |lark&linen, on February 5, 2013 at 6:32 am said:

i NEVER thought this colour would be on my radar. You have just done something to me!

7. Alison Dulaney, on February 5, 2013 at 6:40 am said:

I didn’t realize how happy this shade makes me! That chair is beautiful!

8. christin, on February 5, 2013 at 6:53 am said:

those pillows. i die.

9. Alyssa, on February 5, 2013 at 7:17 am said:

Oh, I love how saturated and gorgeous this color is. I totally want to rock it on my hands, lips and in my home now!

10. Tobe | Because It's Awesome, on February 5, 2013 at 7:20 am said:

just moved our dining room persian to the living room last night and i LOVE the major pop of raspberry the room gets! can’t believe i was hiding it under a dining table all that time.

also, i need that nail polish color!

11. Chloe Moon, on February 5, 2013 at 8:00 am said:

Raspberry is one of my favorite flavors as well as one of my favorite colors to have everything in! I love those earrings!! =) Ooo I remember seeing that couch! Lovely!

12. Rachel, on February 5, 2013 at 8:19 am said:

Love the home decor pieces in this color!

Rachel’s Lookbook

13. Grace - Stripes & Sequins, on February 5, 2013 at 8:49 am said:

I love this color. As a kid I only wore pink + purple and would tell people that purple and raspberry were my favorite colors. So specific!

14. Meghan, on February 5, 2013 at 9:51 am said:

Love this color on clothes but now seeing the color in furniture it could look amazing with the right accessories.

15. whitney, on February 5, 2013 at 10:00 am said:

those pillows are gorgeous! i do like this color a lot, it seems surprisingly versatile.

16. Elisabeth, on February 5, 2013 at 4:16 pm said:

looving raspberry/ maroon as well – love your picks…and that couch makes the whole room pop!

17. Elisa, on February 5, 2013 at 6:07 pm said:

Raspberry nails! Swoon! I’ve never had that color before-it’s going on the list!

18. Danette @ All My Love for All My Days, on February 5, 2013 at 10:52 pm said:

I’ve forgotten how beautiful raspberry is.

19. Blogkeeping // Original Content // Elembee, on February 6, 2013 at 4:00 am said:

[...] sure my graphics stick to certain standards I’ve set for myself. I also love how Eleni and Victoria make shoppable graphics for their posts! If graphics aren’t your thing, maybe you use a [...]

20. Nnenna, on February 6, 2013 at 8:38 am said:

That raspberry couch looks absolutely luscious! Also, I see you’ve made a few little changes to your blog design- looks great!