11.3.12 (Our Wedding!)

vmac+cheese wedding

back of wedding dress | dress by amy kuschel, photography by delbarr moradi | via vmac+cheese

Today I’m so excited to share something I’ve been waiting a long, long time to post about — our wedding photos! Yesterday, I was beyond honored that Style Me Pretty posted photos of our big day on their blog (um, whoa, pinch me!). SMP was one of the first blogs I ever subscribed to way back when, so seeing our wedding on there was a little surreal (and I LOVED that my friend and blog colleague Alex Kaehler’s wedding was featured yesterday too, right before mine. Wedding buddies!).

Style Me Pretty featured plenty of my favorite images taken by our photographer, the amazing Delbarr Moradi (and be sure to check out the bottom of the SMP post, where I chat a little bit more about how everything came together), but I thought I’d round out the week by sharing a few pics not yet published. Hope you enjoy…

wedding dress by amy kuschel | photography by delbarr moradi | via vmac+cheese

'valentine' wedding dress by amy kuschel | photography by delbarr moradi | via vmac+cheese

dress by amy kuschel | via vmac+cheese

dress by amy kuschel | flowers by natalie bowen | photography by delbarr moradi | via vmac+cheese

window detail, penthouse at the Fairmont SF | photography by delbarr moradi | via vmac+cheese

anemone flower | via vmac+cheese

ceiling detail in the billiards room, penthouse at the SF Fairmont | via vmac+cheese

view of san francisco in november | photo by delbarr moradi | via vmac+cheese

victoria's wedding | photo by delbarr moradi | via vmac+cheese

flowers by natalie bowen | via vmac+cheese

details in the SF Fairmont penthouse | via vmac+cheese

victoria and joe | photo by delbarr moradi | via vmac+cheese

vmac+cheese wedding | photo by delbarr moradi

joe and victoria | via vmac+cheese

floral design by natalie bowen | photo by delbarr moradi | via vmac+cheese

view from sf fairmont penthouse | photography by delbarr moradi | via vmac+cheese

photograph by delbarr moradi | via vmac+cheese

floral design by natalie bowen | via vmac+cheese

'guest book' board | DIY by vmac+cheese

library in the SF Fairmont Penthouse | photography by delbarr moradi | via vmac+cheese

photo by delbarr moradi | via vmac+cheese

bloggers at vmac+cheese wedding

It’s so fun to look back, several months later. Our wedding was exactly how we wanted it. Our guests have all commented that it just felt like a really swank, fancy house party, which is exactly the vibe we were going for. I loved how relaxed it felt! At the time, there was so much on my plate that I worried I wasn’t putting enough effort into a lot of the little details (we didn’t have wedding favors, speeches, cake cutting, first dances, bouquet/garter throw…basically anything traditional), but I kinda don’t think people cared at all. Weddings can have so much pressure — sometimes for everyone involved — and having the event feel like a huge party took a lot of that pressure off. I was a fan!

Have a great weekend, everyone! We’re having a blast up in Napa, and next week I have plenty more guest bloggers who’ve cooked up great posts for you!

Credits: Photography: Delbarr Moradi Photography | Wedding Venue: The Fairmont Hotel in San Francisco, California | Wedding Coordination: Amy Kaneko Events | Floral Design: Natalie Bowen Designs | Paper: Tobe Reed and Vivaleur | String Duet: Golden Gate Music | DJ: David Hosley | Cake: Susie Cakes | Dessert Table Candies: The Candy Store | Hair + Makeup: Brides by Amy | Bride’s Rings: David’s Diamonds | Groom’s Ring: Cartier | Wedding Dress: Amy Kuschel | Grooms Attire: Canali | Hair Accessories: Vintage, The Bride’s

46 responses to “11.3.12 (Our Wedding!)”

1. Jen, on April 12, 2013 at 4:03 am said:

Gorgeous! Love the dress.

2. Georgina, on April 12, 2013 at 4:10 am said:

It was absolutely beautiful and it’s so nice to hear you did everything as you wished to, not what previously may have seemed expected by tradition. Thank you for sharing!

3. Quinn Cooper, on April 12, 2013 at 4:20 am said:

Love all the photos and you look gorgeous. The flowers are beautiful as well.
    xo Quinn
    Quinn Cooper Style

4. Carlene: Healthfully Ever After, on April 12, 2013 at 4:51 am said:

The back of your dress is divine!

5. Meredith, on April 12, 2013 at 5:32 am said:

Loved seeing your wedding on SMP yesterday – the whole day looked incredible!

6. Emily, on April 12, 2013 at 6:06 am said:

So gorgeous Victoria!! We didn’t do a lot of the “traditional” stuff either, but we wanted it more relaxed. So much more comfortable to do things that way. Looks like you all had a beautiful day.

7. Laura, on April 12, 2013 at 6:07 am said:

Your wedding was beautiful! I loved that you skipped all the traditional steps. I often think that’s what I want to do so it was nice to see somebody else do it. The day looked perfect – congratulations to you both!

8. Rachelle, on April 12, 2013 at 6:10 am said:

So pretty you excellent taste. I spy Sally and Molly.

xo

9. lauren, on April 12, 2013 at 6:30 am said:

so beautiful! obsessed with your dress. what a picturesque day! :)

10. Drew Elizabeth, on April 12, 2013 at 6:36 am said:

Your dress is absolutely stunning. What an amazing backdrop to your wedding!

11. The Yuppie Files, on April 12, 2013 at 6:44 am said:

I’ve been dying to see wedding photos! You look beautiful & the whole wedding looks absolutely fun & gorgeous.

I think weddings should reflect you- mine was traditional in a lot of ways, but my husband & I tend to not stray from classic traditions. One of my best friends is getting married this summer & has cut out a lot of the traditions, while also adding details that seem so appropriate for her and her fiance. I love that you can choose what to follow now to better reflect your style!

12. kelsey, on April 12, 2013 at 6:58 am said:

this is so beautiful! thanks for sharing.
    kw ladies in navy

13. Tobe | Because It's Awesome, on April 12, 2013 at 7:37 am said:

gorgeous. every tiny last detail.

14. At the Heart of it |, on April 12, 2013 at 8:01 am said:

[...] Some of my favorite bloggers posted about thier weddings this week! See the posts here, here and here. It has me thinking of my own wedding; I love looking back on that day, but especially [...]

15. Kayla, on April 12, 2013 at 8:04 am said:

Ahh! I loved reading this! GORGEOUS photos, BEAUTIFUL bride! Thank you for sharing these! : )

Kayla

16. Delbarr Moradi, on April 12, 2013 at 8:22 am said:

Absolutely LOVED sharing the day with you both. Such a fun wedding to photograph and yes, the perfect, swanky house party. Ever! xoxo

17. Hitha On The Go, on April 12, 2013 at 8:27 am said:

THESE ARE SPECTACULAR! And I’m not at all surprised that they are. You look stunning, and I’m dying over the JFK desk in your wedding venue.

18. taylor, on April 12, 2013 at 8:28 am said:

victoria!!! SO GORGEOUS!!!! such beautiful pictures and a great day!

19. Folle De Joie, on April 12, 2013 at 8:53 am said:

So wonderful to see! You look happy and beautiful :) and i absolutely love the bouquet choice!

xx

and check out my latest post here: http://bit.ly/XHuPLP

20. Rachel, on April 12, 2013 at 9:01 am said:

Your dress was SO beautiful!

21. brighton, on April 12, 2013 at 9:03 am said:

how fun!!! I love it and these pictures are beautiful :) your dress is AMAZE – I love the delicate strap detail :) so dainty and feminine!

22. Nnenna, on April 12, 2013 at 9:48 am said:

All of the photos on Style Me Pretty and here on the blog are GORGEOUS! It looks and sounds like you had an amazing wedding!

23. Chloe Moon, on April 12, 2013 at 9:50 am said:

Wow your dress is beautiful and I love the flower assortment in your bouquet! What a beautiful wedding it must have been!

24. Lauren | Seventeenth & Irving, on April 12, 2013 at 10:27 am said:

I’m so glad you decided to share the photos! You looked beautiful, the wedding looked amazing, and every detail is just perfect.

And Joe is so handsome!

25. Holli Anne, on April 12, 2013 at 10:27 am said:

Lovely! We didn’t really have any of those traditional things either, and I was SO relaxed and happy about it! Sometimes there really is so much pressure. Love it!

26. Meghan, on April 12, 2013 at 10:40 am said:

Aww…
    Beautiful pictures.
    You were a GORGEOUS bride!

27. Naomi (Design Manifest), on April 12, 2013 at 10:45 am said:

love the fountain and the flowers and you look positively glowingly gorgeous!

28. FripperyVintage, on April 12, 2013 at 11:43 am said:

So beautiful, and great location.

29. Gabrielle | Savvy Home, on April 12, 2013 at 11:52 am said:

Darling, you looked absolutely gorgeous and the whole thing is just stunning from beginning to end. Not that I was expecting any differently from you… And kudos on the Style me Pretty feature! Xx

30. Kirby, on April 12, 2013 at 12:27 pm said:

LOVED seeing your wedding on SMP!!! WHat a gorgeous fete!

31. Gabriella, on April 12, 2013 at 12:44 pm said:

These photographs are amazing – it looks like you had the perfect wedding! Not to mention, you looked as gorgeous as ever in your dress!

32. Emma Scott, on April 12, 2013 at 3:45 pm said:

Love your wedding photographs, that view and the venue looks gorgeous! Not to mention how stunning you look in your dress. Looks like a dream :) xx

33. MB, on April 12, 2013 at 5:31 pm said:

What a lovely wedding, and a beautiful bride! I enjoyed seeing your photos. Thanks for sharing!

34. Amy Lawson, on April 12, 2013 at 9:51 pm said:

Victoria, the photos look amazing and you are one gorgeous bride!

35. Desiree {CHIC COASTAL LIVING}, on April 13, 2013 at 5:00 am said:

You made such a beautiful bride! Love these photos! Congratulations on the feature! XO

36. Grace - Stripes & Sequins, on April 13, 2013 at 8:03 am said:

love, love, love! such gorgeous photos.

37. Miranda {onestylishdayatatime}, on April 13, 2013 at 8:04 am said:

Such a beautiful wedding! I just love how your dress, the details, and the space came together so perfectly. All your time and effort putting together your special day shows! And you look seriously gorgeous and your dress was major, one of my favorites I’ve seen!

38. BEkah, on April 13, 2013 at 5:44 pm said:

Victoria, your dress and your flowers are gorgeous! I love how you had a big house party instead of the traditional elements. I can tell it was a lot of fun. Happy memories!

39. Melyssa, on April 13, 2013 at 9:56 pm said:

Bee-you-tiful! Love your dress – so chic and gorgeous! Also, your decorations are so wonderful. What a great wedding. Can I ask, what are the envelopes with notes inside? Did guests write them? I am a very wordsy kind of person, so I love the idea – whatever it is! :)

xoxo
    Melyssa

40. Emily, on April 14, 2013 at 7:42 am said:

Ahh it’s SO pretty!! Absolutely stunning!

41. Ashley, on April 14, 2013 at 3:21 pm said:

These are beautiful! I just got back from SF today and we stayed at The Fairmont. I couldn’t stop thinking how beautiful of a wedding venue it would’ve been!

42. Abby, on April 15, 2013 at 7:18 am said:

Such a beautiful wedding- from the venue to your dress it all looked perfect!

43. Chelsea, on April 15, 2013 at 9:49 am said:

Congratulations! What a cool opportunity and such lovely pictures!

44. joy @ OSS, on April 18, 2013 at 8:02 am said:

You look absolutely smashing!

45. Jess | the Jess Journals, on April 24, 2013 at 10:22 am said:

SO pretty! Looks like it was a beautiful day! xo