6 two-tone shoes for fall

two tone shoes for fall

Trend that’s been a thing for a while but I’m still not over: two-toned shoes. I’ve spotted even more examples of this modern classic as stores start to come out with all their fall goodies (two-tone works so well on booties, don’t you think?). These two-tone pumps? Perfect for work or going out, and I think they look more expensive than they are. Two-tone Hunter rain boots? Um, that may need to happen.

When I was growing up, summer was always my favorite time of year, probably for the obvious reasons. As an adult, I can say unequivocally that I’m all about fall, fall, fall. I don’t really love hot weather, but I DO love layering, boots, cool breezes, and warm autumnal colors, so fall and I are total besties. I spent Tuesday and Wednesday in Chicago for a work event, and in the airport on the way back I snagged (all 20 lbs) of the September issues of Vanity Fair, Vogue, and Harper’s Bazaar. Something about going through all the fall style coverage makes me insanely happy — and inspired. And wishing I could bust out my jackets already (if I were still in SF, this would not be a problem).

Do you love fall? Is there a fall style item you’re going to add to your wardrobe this year? I really need want a pair of low brown booties, and since I already have another pair from Madewell and love them, I think these might be it!

IN THIS POST:

The Pump | The Rain Boot | The Low Bootie

The High Bootie | The T-Strap | The D’Orsay Flat

18 responses to “6 two-tone shoes for fall”

1. Jenn from Much to My Delight, on August 22, 2013 at 9:33 am said:

I love all of these, but those rain boots definitely speak to me. I am SO looking forward to dressing for fall. Almost!

2. allison, on August 22, 2013 at 10:06 am said:

i was just admiring those jcrew t-straps yesterday! loveeee them!

3. Emma, on August 22, 2013 at 11:11 am said:

I love you for this post! and at the same time, I’m a little mad at you for adding more items to my fall shopping list ;) Seriously though, the D’Orsay flats are my fav!

4. Alexa, on August 22, 2013 at 11:32 am said:

Seriously thinking about getting the D’Orsay flat. They are so cute!

5. Dana, on August 22, 2013 at 12:06 pm said:

I love fall and two toned shoes – these are all so pretty!

6. FripperyVintage, on August 22, 2013 at 12:08 pm said:

Love this trend, those D’Orsay flats are my fave.

7. jacquelyn | lark&linen, on August 22, 2013 at 12:12 pm said:

Officially obsessed with all of the above, but the boots in particular are calling my name

8. Becca, on August 22, 2013 at 12:22 pm said:

Love this look–so versatile! Those Hunter boots are definitely on my wishlist now.

9. dana, on August 22, 2013 at 1:37 pm said:

I’ve had the two toned hunter rain boots (the reptile version) on my wishlist for like a year. they’re so cool.

The Casual Classic

10. Kayla, on August 22, 2013 at 2:02 pm said:

Lovin’ the two tones! The pumps are fantastic!!

Kayla

11. Lauren | Seventeenth & Irving, on August 22, 2013 at 2:11 pm said:

SF? The heat on this morning. Obviously, fall shopping is exciting because I get to wear what I buy all year!

12. Shira, on August 22, 2013 at 5:09 pm said:

I love your picks! I can’t get enough of Madewell!

13. Sarah, on August 23, 2013 at 6:46 am said:

I’m so loving those t-straps! They definitely have a Daisy Buchanan feel.

14. Kodi, on August 23, 2013 at 11:26 am said:

Definitely had the same experience going through my fall magazines! My 35 minutes on the elliptical has never gone so fast. I love your shoe picks — especially those flats!
    -Kodi
    grey et al

15. Weekend Reading | Stripes & Sequins, on August 24, 2013 at 6:00 am said:

[…] Adore this round-up of two-toned shoes. […]

16. Michaela, on August 26, 2013 at 7:52 pm said:

Those rain boots are so cute! If I still lived in Seattle, they’d be mine asap :)

17. Yang, on September 3, 2013 at 4:14 pm said:

I love this roundup. I happen to own the rainboots and have to say that they don’t look as good on. From afar, the beige color can look like skin and multiple people have told me I look like I’m wearing capri pants.

Just my two cents!

18. Modern Prep Gazette, on October 5, 2013 at 1:20 pm said:

[…] this round up of Two-Toned shoes for Fall from VMAC and Cheese. ¬†Classic shades that never go out of […]