Apartment Updates: Pretty, Shiny Things

gold wine spirits glasses

reclamation etchworks bottles

etched spirit bottles

I really love this time of year. The stretch of holidays from Thanksgiving through the new year is one of my favorites — the food, the decorating, the weather, the friends, everything. I’ve slowly been getting the house ready for the season and am so enamored with a few recent finds, I just had to share them with you today. Be ye warned: several are from Anthropologie, as when I stopped in over the weekend to donate some pieces for Cozy Drive (don’t forget to do that by this Sunday!), the store was so beautiful and festive that I couldn’t walk out of there without lots of pretty, shiny, gold things.

Joe had recently mentioned that he thought we needed some new scotch glasses (the two really nice ones we had both broke — wah), so when I spotted these at Anthro, I immediately sent him a text for his approval. Honestly, I think they look even prettier in person than online! They’re technically wine glasses, but the thin lip and squared-off shape lends itself well to spirits drinking, too. They look fantastic on our vintage metallic bar cart, especially next to the gold leafed mirror I DIYed!

We also finally got our Reclamation Etchworks bottles in the mail. I was so happy that these guys’ Kickstarter campaign got funded so I could get my hands on a set of these. (PS, you can read the original story about these awesome upcycled, art deco inspired etched bottles here). Now we just need to head to the liquor store to finish filling up these bottles so we have everything on hand for cocktails over the next few months!

gold christmas tree star

I also spotted this star at Anthro and just had to have it. We don’t currently have a star for the top of our tree, and I fell in love with this one. I love the gold mixed with the mirrors — such a classic, vintage effect that I don’t think I’ll ever tire of. Plus, while it’s not hanging out on our tree, I’ve found this actually makes a really great art piece for the coffee table (and compliments a lot of the other colors we have in the room!). It’s structural and really fun.

holiday candles

Finally, it’s never “holiday season” to me until I have at least 2 different holiday scented candles for the house. I’m OBSESSED with candles scented with fir or any other kind of pine-y, crisp holiday scent (my fave is to burn a fir or balsam scented candle like this one along with Diptyque’s Oranger. Trust me, the combo screams holiday cheer!). Jacinta’s candles come in these really pretty white clay pots and each has a decal at the top to indicate the fragrance. My favorite is the Holiday Nest scent; keep tabs on this line, because they offer different scents based on the season (in the summer, I had a ‘Sweet Poppy’ one and thought it smelled divine).

What have you been doing to prepare for the holidays — if anything?

IN THIS POST:

Color-Drop Stemless Wine Glass | Reclamation Etchworks Bottles | Golden Star (not online, found in store) | Jacinta Holiday Nest Candle

22 responses to “Apartment Updates: Pretty, Shiny Things”

1. Alex, on November 19, 2013 at 8:22 am said:

I spotted those wine glasses the last time I was at Anthro and can’t stop thinking about going back to get them! they’re so pretty!

2. Reema, on November 19, 2013 at 9:02 am said:

I’m always moving around the holiday season, but this will be the first year I stay put so I’m really excited to decorate.

I love those Anthro glasses you posted! Weirdly enough, a lot of our glasses have broken recently too so those might be a nice replacement!

3. Amber | His & Hers and the Dogs', on November 19, 2013 at 9:08 am said:

I’ve had my eye on those wine glasses and I need to get to a store ASAP to pick them up. SO pretty for the holiday table!

4. Lea, on November 19, 2013 at 9:11 am said:

Love the glasses!

5. Tiffany @ Savor Home, on November 19, 2013 at 9:16 am said:

LOVE those glasses and that tray! This gets me excited about decorating for the holidays!

6. Molly {Dreams in HD}, on November 19, 2013 at 11:20 am said:

such beautiful picks! i am so excited for the holidays :)

Molly {Dreams in HD}

7. Clara, on November 19, 2013 at 1:31 pm said:

Those glasses are beautiful! And I love that little gold tree atop the candle in the last picture :) xx

8. Nnenna, on November 19, 2013 at 4:10 pm said:

I love those gold wine glasses and all the festive touches you’ve added to your apartment!

9. Jewel at Eat.Drink.Shop.Love, on November 19, 2013 at 4:12 pm said:

I love those wine glasses!

10. Jen @ Marshmallows and Margaritas, on November 19, 2013 at 7:00 pm said:

Those wine glasses are gorgeous, the star is perfect and I love that tray! I really need to get myself over to anthropologie, stat!

11. Erica // cupcakes+coffee breaks, on November 19, 2013 at 8:55 pm said:

So I usually skip these types of posts because I can’t get the stuff in Australia, but who knew Anthro ships to Aus!? Hallelujah, I’m ordering some candles stat. And convincing my bf that we also need new bar glasses. You are the best, that is all.

12. Emily, on November 20, 2013 at 9:30 pm said:

such a pretty bar!

13. […] Holiday Candle from Anthropologie ($30) After hearing Victoria rave about these perfectly seasonal candles, I couldn’t resist pulling this one to the top of […]

14. Rose, on November 21, 2013 at 4:17 pm said:

I saw those glasses at Anthro this weekend, too (pretty sure at the same Anthro on the UES!)—but what I REALLY loved were the ones that were wrapped in gold around the middle! So gorgeous :)

15. Holly, on November 21, 2013 at 4:34 pm said:

I couldn’t stop thinking about how cute that gold star from Anthro was, so I went and bought one today! :) Thanks for sharing it!

16. Gabrielle | Savvy Home, on November 25, 2013 at 4:34 pm said:

I love seeing little snippets of that living room! It’s looking great. I can’t wait to see the final result! xo

17. Margaux, on December 4, 2013 at 4:02 pm said:

I have the exact same gold tray – where did you get yours? I would be interested to know where they came from!
    Mine was passed down from my parents, but no clue where they got it.
    Great blog!

18. It’s Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas, on December 10, 2013 at 9:10 am said:

[…] are some of my picks from my favorite shops.  Not shown above is this star that I spotted on vmac & cheese.  It’s from anthropologie and can’t be purchased online.  I picked one up when I was […]