3 Outfit Ideas: New Year’s Eve Sparkle

new years eve outfit ideas

You guys. Christmas is less than 10 days away. Which means the new year is right around the corner too — yikes! How it’s nearly 2014 is a mystery to me, but if there’s one thing I’ve learned, New Year’s Eve is an occasion that is best planned well in advance, no matter how you want to spend it. Because even if you’re going to spend a quiet evening at home, just knowing that that’s the plan will save you so much stress and anxiety in the weeks leading up to it! (amiright??)

With that in mind, I dreamed up a few fun outfits that you could wear whatever you’re planning — and with any luck, you’d be able to wear these pieces during other festive occasions too (pretty sure I’d happily tote this clutch or wear these pants during any part of the year!). This year, the mister and I will be going out to dinner, and then celebrating midnight at home. After we had a quiet New Year’s Eve last year, we realized we really preferred waking up sans hangover on January 1, so we’re keeping it low key again. Still, how festive would this sweater be?

Do you have plans for New Year’s Eve yet? What are you planning to wear?

SHOP THIS POST:

Out on the Town

House Party

Quiet Night In

sequin dress silver clutch black earrings foldable flats crystal necklace sequin tee beaded clutch faux leather pants black necklace gold sweater crystal coupes cashmere pants jo malone candle ugg slippers

{Image credits: Jamie Beck for CFDA, 2013 Awards; Kristin Vining via Style Me Pretty; Aubrie Pick for Apartment 34}

15 responses to “3 Outfit Ideas: New Year’s Eve Sparkle”

1. jillian, on December 16, 2013 at 8:05 am said:

love this! so many great ideas :) my husband are going to do a low-key night out…dinner and a movie :) xo jillian – cornflake dreams

2. Rachelle, on December 16, 2013 at 8:45 am said:

Love the second look.

3. Hitha | Hitha On The Go, on December 16, 2013 at 9:12 am said:

A cozy night in is what we have planned! Warm slippers and cute sweats are exactly what I have planned to wear :)

4. Molly {Dreams in HD}, on December 16, 2013 at 9:32 am said:

lovely looks! i think my BF and i are going to have a romantic evening at home with oysters, champagne, and cheese in front of the christmas tree. and those cashmere pants would be just perfect!

Molly {Dreams in HD}

5. Kayla, on December 16, 2013 at 10:01 am said:

These looks are so cute! I’m hoping for a quiet night in! ; )

Kayla

6. whitney, on December 16, 2013 at 10:01 am said:

those cashmere sweats are AMAZING.

7. Leanne Christine, on December 16, 2013 at 10:03 am said:

Gorgeous. My favourite is the second look!

Love from South Africa

8. chelsie @ hellogirl, on December 16, 2013 at 1:13 pm said:

adore these looks!

9. Nina, on December 16, 2013 at 2:41 pm said:

I don’t know what I’m doing yet but I would wear any one of these outfits. And a glass of champagne. Well not wear it. But you get the point.

10. Liz {Sequins & Stripes}, on December 16, 2013 at 2:45 pm said:

Love this post! All three would be completely ideal, but cashmere drawstring pants? #yesplease

11. Alexa, on December 16, 2013 at 4:20 pm said:

Ah so so cute! Love all of these outfits!

12. Ginet, on December 16, 2013 at 5:37 pm said:

All options are super cute. I’ll usually my New Year’s Eve with a quiet night in so an outfit like that would be ideal for me.

13. Laura (bright and beautiful), on December 18, 2013 at 12:55 pm said:

Love this! This year, I’m feeling a cozy, quiet night in for NYE :)

14. Ashley, on December 18, 2013 at 11:55 pm said:

Now I’m all set for NYE. Thanks VMac!

15. Happy {Wrap it Up} Weekend | Apartment34 | Uncategorized, on December 20, 2013 at 5:01 am said:

[…] Love this round up of New Year’s Eve outfit ideas – including one inspired by my Christmas decor. […]