The Perfect Sandals for Traveling (And Beyond!)

Processed with VSCOcam with c1 presetProcessed with VSCOcam with c1 preset
Processed with VSCOcam with c1 preset

Can I admit one of my worst habits to you? When it comes to certain things — hot weather, uncomfortable shoes, being very hungry — I can be a bit of a complainer. I know, I know, no one likes a whiner, and lucky for most of my friends, this bad habit really only comes out around Joe and the rest of my family (lucky them!).

About half way through our vacation, when I mentioned how comfortable these Gentle Souls sandals were, Joe replied wryly, “Yeah, you haven’t complained about your feet hurting once this trip. You should buy 2 or 3 more pairs of those!” Ladies, that’s how you know you’ve hit the sandal jackpot. When your husband actively encourages you to buy MORE shoes.

In all seriousness, I’m so glad I bought these shoes beforehand, because my feet didn’t bother me once during our trip. I wore these sandals pretty much everyday, swapping them out with dressy flats at night sometimes. Even after hours of wear, my feet never ached. The shoes have adjustable laces, so they’re never too tight around your feet, even if they become swollen from a lot of walking. The footbed is a really smooth, matte leather, and the sole has a thin lining of memory foam on top of rubber, so they’re insanely comfortable. Many sandals nowadays have a solid, hard wood base — great for making a sturdy, durable shoe, not so great for hours of walking (like when you’re on vacation). The Gentle Souls sandals have the look of a sturdier sandal, while being infinitely softer on the feet.

I got them in this gray color and with Joe’s blessing (!!), am considering getting them in black and this pretty gold color too. I found they ran a little large — you can tell in some of these pics that they’re probably about a half size too big on me — but since I got them right before our vacation and they seemed comfortable enough, I didn’t want to return them (because I literally didn’t have another nice sandal that I thought could stand up to walking miles everyday). The front lip of my sandals got a bit scuffed up since they were slightly too big and kept catching on the cobblestones in Paris, but I think with a smaller size this wouldn’t have happened.

Honestly, if you’re doing any traveling this summer and know you’ll be doing walking along with it, I can’t recommend these enough. They look cute with skirts, dresses, jeans, shorts — really, everything! I was a little hesitant given the price (especially since so many of my summer sandals get worn out so quickly), but I’m very glad I went for it!

SHOP COLORS (AND PRICE COMPARE!):

26 responses to “The Perfect Sandals for Traveling (And Beyond!)”

1. Shen Dove, on June 17, 2014 at 7:07 am said:

Love those sandals, they look so versatile. Finding comfortable shoes that can hold up even when doing a lot of walking is the greatest feeling!

2. Rachelle, on June 17, 2014 at 7:43 am said:

They are cute too, I love the blue pair.

3. Christina Storm, on June 17, 2014 at 8:48 am said:

LOVE those sandals! You are right they will go with everything!

The Style Storm
    <3, Christina

4. Nan // Simply Elegant Blog, on June 17, 2014 at 8:48 am said:

I spotted those sandals in your great “Bye-Bye Paris” instagram and thought they were so cute. Soo fabulous to know that they are comfortable.
    I am right there with you about being a bit of a complainer about these things. Last night we were out to dinner in the Fort Point area of Boston, and my family asked if we should walk home because it was such a beautiful night..but I had to say we couldn’t because my feet hurt in my sandals..so we took an Uber instead…woops!
    So I am definitely going to have to look into these beauties!

5. elle [wonderfelle world], on June 17, 2014 at 10:12 am said:

I actually purchased these last month in gold but ended up returning because I also felt like they ran big – good to know they really are comfortable for walking a lot though! Thinking about repurchasing in a smaller size now!

6. Kayla, on June 17, 2014 at 10:18 am said:

So glad you’re back! I enjoyed all your pictures on Instagram! : )
    Cute sandals!

Kayla

7. Charmaine, on June 17, 2014 at 10:21 am said:

We are traveling to London?Paris this week and ordering one now. Thanks for the recommendation!

8. Kate {Taffeta and Tulips}, on June 17, 2014 at 11:04 am said:

So cute! I especially love them in blue!

9. Grace - Stripes & Sequins, on June 17, 2014 at 11:30 am said:

Was oddly just looking at these! I feel like it was fate that you posted them? #need

10. Brittany, on June 17, 2014 at 12:16 pm said:

Victoria,
    You’ve never steered me wrong with recommendations and I’ll gladly be scooping these up today! Thank you!

Brittany

11. Niki, on June 17, 2014 at 4:23 pm said:

I love those sandals and it’s great to know that they’re so comfortable!

12. Keren / The Walkup, on June 17, 2014 at 4:32 pm said:

Comfortable sandals that are also fashionable are like the Loch Ness monster or a Yeti. REALLY. It’s been years and only my trusty Birkenstocks will do.

13. tianna sicilia, on June 17, 2014 at 5:50 pm said:

super cute! Love these

14. Comfy Cozy Couture, on June 17, 2014 at 10:44 pm said:

Obsessed with these!! Thanks for the info, I’m always looking for a comfy pair of sandals that can withstand walking and exploring while traveling!

15. Agoprime, on June 18, 2014 at 5:03 am said:

cute!!

16. Lexi @ Glitter, Inc., on June 18, 2014 at 7:43 am said:

If my feet hurt, I cannot function. I’ve actually been known to walk into a store to buy a new pair of shoes mid-walk because I just can’t handle my feet hurting. Definitely need to pick these up!

17. Heath @ Southland Avenue, on June 18, 2014 at 8:44 am said:

So glad to hear these are the perfect walking shoes. Mine came in the mail last week and I’m so excited to test them out on some upcoming trips! Thanks Victoria.

18. Caroline, on June 18, 2014 at 3:41 pm said:

PERFECT! Thank you so much – I am headed to Paris next month and was in desperate need of a nude pair of shoes I could count on for all the walking! Just ordered from Piperlime with 25% off! Score! THANKS

19. Sarah, on June 20, 2014 at 10:20 pm said:

Super cute and excited to hear that they’re comfortable.

20. Weekend Reading. | Stripes & Sequins, on June 21, 2014 at 6:01 am said:

[…] wrote about the perfect sandals, and I want […]

21. Kaolee, on June 21, 2014 at 9:34 pm said:

Extra cute and also looks very comfortable!

22. Koko @ Koko Likes, on June 23, 2014 at 8:55 pm said:

Just bought mine on piperlime! FYI they are offering another 25% off sandals right now, $110 score!!! Got the soft gold!

23. Kasia, on June 25, 2014 at 3:23 am said:

So cute! What color are yours? Looks like a nude/beige and I don’t see that as a choice but wanna make sure. Thanks! xo

24. Summer Obsessions | Papery & Cakery, on July 2, 2014 at 8:01 am said:

[…] Gentle Souls. Thanks to this post I popped over to Zappos and invested in a pair. No lie, I might have to have these physically […]